• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Objectives of the Campaign against Muslims in the West (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
if you keep using the argument that yuor religion is growing most rapidly , then ill point out that its taking its sweet ass time to be the biggest religion.

ide like to also poiunt out that after 9-11 there was a boom in suicide bombers of islamic faith, i conclude by saying islam is also the fastest growing terrorist inclined religion

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Who cares that a religion is growing rapidly... does this somehow validate your religious beliefs? No.

If you must know atheism and religious apathy is on the rise, particularily amongst western intelligencia.

googooloo

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Who cares that a religion is growing rapidly... does this somehow validate your religious beliefs? No.

If you must know atheism and religious apathy is on the rise, particularily amongst western intelligencia.
It was stated by someone else this rise and refuted, it was not based on that it meant the religion was good or anything like that, just that it is growing so there mus tbe something captivating about it.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yes, there is something captivating about it... however while it is growing, there are more christians.. so obviously that religion is still more captivating. I'm sorry but while you may not admit to it I am sure the only reason you and many other muslims bring up the rise of islam is to show how truthful it is, as it is converting more people than any other religion.

googooloo

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Yes, there is something captivating about it... however while it is growing, there are more christians.. so obviously that religion is still more captivating. I'm sorry but while you may not admit to it I am sure the only reason you and many other muslims bring up the rise of islam is to show how truthful it is, as it is converting more people than any other religion.
Christianity is now the second largest isn't it? Isn't Buddhism first now? But yes it is still larger. But it has been round for alot longer, and had a fast rise when it began too. But is has begun ot weaver in numbers, even decline, or so the reports I have remember hearing stated.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
googooloo said:
Christianity is now the second largest isn't it? Isn't Buddhism first now? But yes it is still larger. But it has been round for alot longer, and had a fast rise when it began too. But is has begun ot weaver in numbers, even decline, or so the reports I have remember hearing stated.
thats why i treat what you say with less and less respect. it clearly shows you dont know what youyr talking about.

buddhism is way smaller then christianity

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
The issue here is not numbers, and I address this to the muslims in particular.

If u've studied the early Muslim battles in the History Of Islam, Victory was never in the form of 'who had the gretest amount of followers', if this was the case, Islam would have never succeeded and spread to begin with.

The Battle of Badr for example:

At this battle the pagan army consisted of 950 fighters and the Muslim army consisted of 314 (including the Messenger S.A.W.). The Muslims were victorious in this battle, numbers was not an issue.

Forcing the pagans to bring reinforcements after 1 year where they approached the Muslim army with 3000 fighters compared to the 950 fighters at the battle of badr. (Before the battle of Badr, the pagans belittled the Muslims army, until they were defeated which was beyond their belief).

My point:

Whether Islam is the fastest growing religion or not, is not the full issue here, the issue is "what is each individual doing" (each individual being each person who contributes to the numbers shown in statistics), and this is somewhat (indirectly)addressed in the article posted, although to an extent it somehow reflects that All muslims are stronger in their faith than ever, this isnt the case (for 'All'), some people are still the same as they were before the 9/11 attacks or even the London bombings. In fact, I know a muslim who doesnt know what 'Al fatiha' is (the verse that every single Muslim needs to know in order to fulfil one of the most important pillars of Islam i.e prayer (5 times a day)) Notice I said"Doesnt know what Al-fatiha is", not "doesnt know Al fatiha". I asked this 'Muslim' whether they knew what Al-fatiha was, their reply: "huh! What's that".

What we should be asking ourselves is "Are All those who were born into Muslim families, following the correct teachings of Islam, if at all?" I can walk into centro bankstown today (or tomorrow i should say, the shopping centre is closed now) and give a staright forward answer: "No".

A number (or individual person) does not always equate to Action being taken. as mentioned previously in this thread by Sly fly (in different words). Actions speak louder than words.

I believe and know that most Muslims are good, and do follow their faith with full hearts directed towards the Almighty, and in fact, u'd even find that a large number of Muslim converts know more about Islam than those who've been living as Muslims their whole lives, I say this from personal encounter as well as through reading upon muslim converts and the enormous amount of time they devote to preaching the message of Islam. In fact ud find that most converts (or reverts) are in fact those who are very active in regards to Dawah (calling people to Islam).

If one organ of ur body aches, ur whole body aches and is affected. If this becomes the case (i.e when one Muslim is suffering, the whole muslim Ummah feels this persons suffering), No matter how great or how small Muslims are in number, they will always be successful if they live by this important part of Islam, which is how Islam was at the time of the prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him).

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Dude, seriously get off the pot and stop whingeing about not being accepted for being a Muslim, Its a two way street for fucks sake.

googooloo

HSC
physician said:
The Battle of Badr for example:

At this battle the pagan army consisted of 950 fighters and the Muslim army consisted of 314 (including the Messenger S.A.W.). The Muslims were victorious in this battle, numbers was not an issue.

Forcing the pagans to bring reinforcements after 1 year where they approached the Muslim army with 3000 fighters compared to the 950 fighters at the battle of badr. (Before the battle of Badr, the pagans belittled the Muslims army, until they were defeated which was beyond their belief).

How could they get victory? Did you read why it sadi so? Becuase of god. Allah (SWT) gave them victory, even with so small a numbers, less then half.

I never made the statement that islam is growing, therefore it's better. You made that up in your own mind.

Last edited:

googooloo

HSC
Ah I just discovered that Buddhism is less than Christianity, why hten do i remember someone saying such a thing and on the t.v...wait memory coming back...I think it was saying it is on the rise definately, and if it ocntinues to rise, sinece christianity is in decline then it will surpass it in like a few years or something, counting on buddhism rate on increase to rise also. I accpet this incorrect fact of mine, and that you are correct.

To get it all out in the open:

33% Chrisitian (incl. Cath.)
21% Islam
16% Non-Religion
14% Hinduism
6% Indigenous beliefs
6% Chinese Traditionalism
6% Buddhism
0.36% Sikhism
0.22% Judaism

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
googooloo said:
How could they get victory? Did you read why it sadi so? Becuase of god. Allah (SWT) gave them victory, even with so small a numbers, less then half.

I never made the statement that islam is growing, therefore it's better. You made that up in your own mind.
have you ever read about ancient empires that existed many years before christ and that battled each other. There is easily half a dozen accounts of two armies attacking each other, and one being outnumbers greatly by the other and still managing to come out victorious. Its called startegic combat. Watch braveheart aswell. They all claimed their god helped them, does that mean the god they believed in actually helped them? they definitely wornt muslim , so why did rthey win?

dont be so stupid and make assumptions becuase someone succeeds in something god helped them.

--------------------------------------------------------------
also think of this. you increase the number 10 and number 100 by 1.
so they become 11 and 101 respectivily.

now they both increased by the same amount however number 10 increased by 10% when number 100 increased by only 1% . same with islam and christianity. so dont make comparisons, and if islam was the chosen one, they would reign all over the world many years ago anyway.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
This thread has transmogrified into a thread about Islam and other religions, of which there are ample discussions already existing.

I am in the process of cleaning things up and I have closed it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)