• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Unwanted teen sex on the rise (2 Viewers)

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
i dont make the rules baby i just play by them

Edit: fuck that i make all the rullesss

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I thought from the opening post that we were discussing whether we considered the instances of 'unwanted sex' referred to as rape - i emphatically consider it not rape for a man to have sex with a intoxicated and consenting woman unless he spiked her drink, etc.
I think that it is rape. In fact with the exception of rules 34 and 20a the list posted is a pretty good guide to what rape is.

Rape is a lot of things but I'd like to hope that we could agree that pressuring or forcing someone into having sex is rape. If someone wants to have sex they will, no teasing/nagging/bullying/violence/etc should be required for someone to have sex with you. You shouldn't in any way make anyone have sex with you.

On a similar note when someone is drunk their decision making ability is impaired, it is rape to take advantage of that.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Unless you're both drunk and you both go for it yay, but if midway through your root passes out, it's best to abort ASAP

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I think that it is rape. In fact with the exception of rules 34 and 20a the list posted is a pretty good guide to what rape is.

Rape is a lot of things but I'd like to hope that we could agree that pressuring or forcing someone into having sex is rape. If someone wants to have sex they will, no teasing/nagging/bullying/violence/etc should be required for someone to have sex with you. You shouldn't in any way make anyone have sex with you.
What about in those movies where a very-much-in-love couple wakes up in the morning, and the girl's all like "I have to go to work", and then the guy's like "Nah, stay", and everyone knows he just wants to have sex. In the end, the guy convinces the girl to stay through his awesome persuasive skills, and the two have morning sex. What about that situation? huh? HUH?!

If that were rape, then many of our beloved romantic comedies would have much darker undertones than their surfaces care to reveal. You just don't think about the implications that these "rape definitions" would have on our society, do you? Forget society, what about pop culture?! You bastard.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
What about in those movies where a very-much-in-love couple wakes up in the morning, and the girl's all like "I have to go to work", and then the guy's like "Nah, stay", and everyone knows he just wants to have sex. In the end, the guy convinces the girl to stay through his awesome pressuring skills, and the two have morning sex. What about that situation? huh? HUH?!

If that were rape, then many of our beloved romantic comedies would have much darker undertones than their surfaces care to reveal. You just don't think about the implications that these "rape definitions" would have on our society, do you? Forget society, what about pop culture?! You bastard.
I think that in many ways society and pop culture has dark undertones. Pop culture is at once a reflection of who we are and a guide for who we are (life reflecting art reflecting life, etc).

As for your example I think it is important to differentiate between persuading and pressuring. They are concepts on a spectrum and admittedly there is a grey area however they are as disparate as the concepts of asking and making someone do something. Persuading does not have an expectation attached to it, pressuring does.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
That's a very fine line you're putting between rape and sex.

How on earth do we prosecute people who have pressured their girlfriends into having sex? And should there be a scale for rape? Because, personally, though I think pressuring for sex is despicable in many cases, I do not put it in the same spectrum as full-blown rape.

I don't know if I think "pressured sex" should be a crime, rather than just something looked down upon by society.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Agreed. It is a fine line, I think there is a spectrum and rape at the pressure end it is basically impossible to prosecute which by default makes it a moral crime not a legal one. As a society we should still condemn it though.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Agreed. It is a fine line, I think there is a spectrum and rape at the pressure end it is basically impossible to prosecute which by default makes it a moral crime not a legal one. As a society we should still condemn it though.
There's the line between being emotionally abusive (which you can't/shouldn't be able to prosecute) and having a reasonable apprehension of physical harm (which should, of course, be a crime).

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Then we agree... let's argue about something else then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)