• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Urmmm ? (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
lyounamu said:
As a gentleman, I feel the need to defend the lady. :) :) :)

I don't think melanie had intention of commenting that HSC is completely useless. She is probably saying that HSC does not determine one's future career and she is also suggesting TAFE as an alternative career path.

She may be saying that TAFE may contribute to one's career than any university courses can.
Of course, if that's so she should've worded herself better.

Of course theres other options - hey you know what? Your 100 UAI will be nothing once you're in Uni, and once you finish Uni - it'll mean next to zilch to employers.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
tommykins said:
Your 100 UAI will be nothing once you're in Uni, and once you finish Uni - it'll mean next to zilch to employers.
exactly :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
foram said:
Stop siding with the enemy! Traitor. :( :(
Hahahaha...

I don't side with anyone. I never knew that you regarded melanie as your enemy.

By the way, didn't you ask her out few days ago???

Smithereens

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
med i doubt it but im pretty sure commerce/law as long as you get the marks. i would say you can't get into med because there is additional requirements but commerce/law doesn't have these additional requirments
hi ari.

champo14

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
do what later? i was refering to doing a different qualification all together rather than do HSC then TAFE/foundation studies. leave year 10!!! HSC is useless imo!!!
If the HSC is so useless, then why are you doing the HSC, rather than TAFE?

There are other things to consider here, like the whole "growing up" part. I don't know where I would be without all the experiences I had in year 11 and 12 at school. There are some things that TAFE just doesn't provide.

I'm not saying that either way is "easier", simply because I've only done it the one way, but I definitely do not agree with you that the HSC is a waste of time. As was afore mentioned, it is the best tool around to determine entrance into uni.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
champo14 said:
If the HSC is so useless, then why are you doing the HSC, rather than TAFE?
who says im doing the HSC ;)

There are other things to consider here, like the whole "growing up" part. I don't know where I would be without all the experiences I had in year 11 and 12 at school. There are some things that TAFE just doesn't provide.
whats wrong with growing up at TAFE? its just 2 years or less ffs its not as if you will lose youre complete childhood. what are these things that TAFE doesn't provide that year 11 and 12 do? its not as if you won't have 'experiences' at TAFE it will just be of a different kind.

I'm not saying that either way is "easier", simply because I've only done it the one way, but I definitely do not agree with you that the HSC is a waste of time. As was afore mentioned, it is the best tool around to determine entrance into uni.
you do realise that there are other ways of getting into uni. TAFE was one of them.

champo14

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
who says im doing the HSC ;)

whats wrong with growing up at TAFE? its just 2 years or less ffs its not as if you will lose youre complete childhood. what are these things that TAFE doesn't provide that year 11 and 12 do? its not as if you won't have 'experiences' at TAFE it will just be of a different kind.

you do realise that there are other ways of getting into uni. TAFE was one of them.
Don't wink at me, well are you doing TAFE or not?

And are you doing the HSC there or something else?

I'm just saying that if you did leave to go to TAFE in year 10, there's a whole bunch of stuff that you're missing out on at school (I can think of formals and year 12 jerseys for one) From a personal perspective, I know that if I didn't go to school in those last 2 years I wouldn't have got to be in the NSW performing arts unit, which is what I miss most about school.

As for being "only two years". Well when you are 18, two years is just a little over 11 percent OF YOUR ENTIRE LIFE, so that's quite a fair chunk.

And yes, I do realise there are different ways of getting into uni. TAFE is definitely one, and so is the HSC which of course does not make the HSC by any stretch "useless"

Last edited:

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
champo14 said:
Don't wink at me, well are you doing TAFE or not?

And are you doing the HSC there or something else?
maybe, maybe not ;)

I'm just saying that if you did leave to go to TAFE in year 10, there's a whole bunch of stuff that you're missing out on at school (I can think of formals and year 12 jerseys for one) From a personal perspective, I know that if I didn't go to school in those last 2 years I wouldn't have got to be in the NSW performing arts unit, which is what I miss most about school.
good for you. and im just saying that you will have a different experience at tafe. no one can really say it is better or it is worse as high school if they haven't had a feel of both.

As for being "only two years". Well when you are 18, two years is just a little over 11 percent OF YOUR ENTIRE LIFE, so that's quite a fair chunk.
but only a very small percentage if you calculate it as a part of your life.

And yes, I do realise there are different ways of getting into uni. TAFE is definitely one, and so is the HSC which of course does not make the HSC by any stretch "useless"
if you read a couple of posts back you will see that i admitted it isn't completely useless. but i would say it is more useless than a tafe qualification.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
foram said:
putting HSC 2008 in your profile leads me to belive you are doing your HSC!! :ninja:
so does that 'JFK' guy
and that 'aMUSEd1977' guy

and a whole bunch of other people that lie about theyre status. ;)

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
melanieeeee. said:
so does that 'JFK' guy
and that 'aMUSEd1977' guy

and a whole bunch of other people that lie about theyre status. ;)
So you're lying about your HSC year?:D :D

Maybe you're actually an old man trying to hook up with young boys. :eek:

champo14

HSC
mesbaz said:
uhmmm. i go to st marys senior =) its not top ten bt it is still up there if i remember correctly frm the rankings last yr . n mite i also add . its an awesum schllll ;) jz incase u wer curious =p . also to add. i knw a few ppl last yr who went to the wrst schls. like rooty hill . plumption. parra high . etc & stil got 98+. altho ur schl has an impact on ur ranking ur mark does aswll & u can get a gd mark in any school if u put in the extra work. its just harder to get up there thts all. esp if students r disruptive & teachers arent v. keen etc. however if u put in all ur enegry u can get 100 if u wntd regardless of ur schl. schl ranks r generally schls tht do well on a continous basis with large amnts of students achieving high uais. anyways . to sum this up . st marys is an AWESUM schoooll. ask neone ther theyltell u the same =p . ther is A LOT of ocmpetition, thrz 450 in a grade u dnt evn no who ur competing with >.> . we had heaps of 98+'s last yr :uhhuh: teachers r great help ! all of emm . and the atmosphere is extremely motivational. just wrte an impressive application on ur ' why u wnt to b in this schl ' a** kiss ur teachers to get a great reprt this sem :p and try ur hardest to get in !!! =)
Just letting you know I didn't read this. Got about one line in before my brain gave up.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
champo14 said:
Just letting you know I didn't read this. Got about one line in before my brain gave up.
You're so slack. ;)

champo14

HSC
Aerath said:
You're so slack. ;)
Care to translate?

Seriously, if people can't put in effort putting in AT LEAST paragraphs, why should I put in the effort of reading it.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
champo14 said:
Care to translate?

Seriously, if people can't put in effort putting in AT LEAST paragraphs, why should I put in the effort of reading it.
The way you said you didn't read it was too straight forward. You should have been more euphemistic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)