• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Who's seen Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? (1 Viewer)

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
.. I wanna talk to someone about it. Saw it Thursday. Its is such an awesome movie. Perfect. This has entered my Top 10 list.

Always been a fan of Charlie Kaufman and this is his best work so far. Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet are brilliant.

Comments, anyone whos seen it? If you havent get ur ass out to a cinema now.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Joel (Jim Carrey) is stunned when he learns that his one-time girlfriend Clementine (Kate Winslet) has had her memories of their failed relationship erased. Now he wants her gone from his memory and asks the doctor who invented the process (Tom Wilkinson) for help. But as the procedure slowly destroys his memories of Clementine, Joel recalls the good times they had together and tries to mentally overcome the procedure while he sleeps.

juggernaut

HSC
kate winslet was robbed, not gettin best actress in titanic

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
hmmm...i read the plot and it seemed a bit dogdy but i must admit marvelous cast

who beat kate for best actress? Although titanic was a brilliant movie...she good but she wasnt that good.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
the title's a quote from Alexander Pope

Simmic... why the hell does the plot seem dodgy? Its one of the most original movies I have ever seen. Plot's brilliant.

BTW, Helent Hunt won for As Good As It Gets when Winslet was nominated. Shes so awesome in this movie.

Last edited:

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
ugh I hated As Good As It Gets. I just didnt find it funny at all and the romance was a bit freaky. I loved Winslet in Sense and Sensibility and Enigma but not so much in Titanic. I think its because Leo pisses me off alot. Enigma was a fantastic movie.

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
Originally posted by Trigger189
Simmic... why the hell does the plot seem dodgy? Its one of the most original movies I have ever seen. Plot's brilliant.

BTW, Helent Hunt won for As Good As It Gets when Winslet was nominated. Shes so awesome in this movie.
it seems to cycle around a simple idea thats all.

helen hunt was rather good in as good as it gets so yeh im not surprised she got an oscar. It was a good movie. The first time i watched it i didnt like it but the second time i watched it i begun to understand it more and thus i quite liked it

miss_salty

HSC
N/A
I wanna see it!
I love adaptation and being john malkovich. I don't really care who's in the movie - anything script by Kaufman will mean the movie will be brillant.
Originally posted by simmic
hmmm...i read the plot and it seemed a bit dogdy but i must admit marvelous cast
Although I have yet to see this movie I admit that when you read the plot for Kaufman's films, it does sound dodgy. But when you actually go and watch it everything works in a realistic albeit weird way. All of Kaufman's films are original and hilarious.

olay

HSC
saw it last nite. i love charlie kaufman too...but i've gotta say, BJM and adaptation kick its arse threefold. it had a nice end, but i felt the beginning was a bit too "lets try and be arty", and didn't quite come together. kate winslet is excellent in it i thought, and i liked it more and more from the middle onwards. jim carrey was good in it too, he looks a lot more mature with facial hair! :)

EDIT: does anyone else find kirsten dunst irritating?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
no, i never liked kirsten dunst but i liked her in this movie! not at first but then i really sympathised with her. and she's actually heaps pretty!

i really liked the movie, jim carrey was excellent in it.. i wish people took him seriously more often :p

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Toodulu
no, i never liked kirsten dunst but i liked her in this movie! not at first but then i really sympathised with her. and she's actually heaps pretty!

i really liked the movie, jim carrey was excellent in it.. i wish people took him seriously more often :p

she was great in Virgin Suicides

Melanie Jane

I love this movie! Great soundtrack too. Charlie Kaufman is some sort of modern genius. Being John Malkovich is one of my absolute favourites and Adaptation was good too. :)
I can't be stuffed giving it a full review at the moment :uhoh: but it's a great film!

Melanie Jane

Originally posted by amoz_lilo
she was great in Virgin Suicides
I agree. She just happens to get crappy teenybopper roles a lot of the time. I loved the outfit she was wearing for most of this film! :p

clerisy

HSC
I saw it yesterday.

I thought it was fantastic, and I was bawling my eyes out by the end. I enjoyed the old ladies sitting behind me though... they spent the first half hour muttering between them, "What's going on? I don't get it. This is ridiculous. Jim Carrey's really made a fool of himself" before leaving the cinema in a huff before it had barely begun. That made me feel smug.

I never liked Kirsten Dunst before either... I remember when she was on Oprah for Mona Lisa Smile, and, though I suppose she didn't really DO anything wrong, she seemed sort of hard to me. But in this film, I really liked her.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
IS Jim Carrey semi-decent in it? He's good, but sometimes he's way too much... I like his less stupid roles better, like The Truman Show.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)