• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Why I believe in God but have no Religion (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The proper word to describe miss gtr and blissed would, i believe, be called : deism

they believe in a God or supreme being, but dont have a religion.

they just believe in God (full stop)

Deism used to be subject to philosophical discussion in european universities during the reformation period, but later on it was adapted in various ways- with the americans developing their own distinct version to the french and other european models.

u can look it up on the internet.

im sure most diests are pretty tolerant people, but a lot of the websites i checked out are politically minded- actually taking up steps to undermine religious organisations which i find amusing. (u should read up on some of their activities- its not unique to them ; with some athiest, and anarchist organisations do the same thing too - its just a symptom of intolerance). Nevertheless, the diests ive come across so far are against those websites and are pretty cool- they're pretty much into science just that they believe in God.
Well there are two different groups...

One group are those whom believe in a God (i.e. the kind of god that appears in religious texts etc). These people often just want to be 'different' so that the continued attacks against an organised religion do not affect them... But they still have zainey illogical beliefs.

The other group are people who are thinking of God not as a conscious being, but perhaps as the universe its self. These people usually do not get on with the latter, or theists... and are generally considered much more 'atheist'.

gerhard

HSC
anyone who believes in a non interventionist god is approximately 9 times more sane than anyone who believes in an interventionist god

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Agreed, I have no problem with people who want to elivate the discussion to such a level... It is the people who still believe in 'jesus, the christian god... but i hate teh church' that to me are just the same as all the others.

Um, Buddhists don't believe in or worship any form of God.
You're wrong sister :(
Maybe the Hollywood version of Buddhism does not include dieties... but traditional Buddhism definately does.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
there are so many people that hide behind religion, act like they are all goody goodies and shit, when they are violating all of the so called laws of their religion, it's bullshit, i hate fake people.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
You're wrong sister :(
Maybe the Hollywood version of Buddhism does not include dieties... but traditional Buddhism definately does.
Since we're getting into minute details, I trust you as your phallus of knowledge is bigger than mine.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
What do you mean? Buddhists have many dieties.
Yes, but they aren't the life is nihilistic type that the Christian God is.

Buddhism seems to lend itself well to semi-practice by agnostics as does Judaism to a lesser extent.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
What do you mean? All religions are 'semi-practiced', people pick and choose what they want to practice and believe. Sure you can take some buddhist philosophy, but i don't think that makes you a buddhist.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
It was more a comment on the number of agnostics knowingly practicing the ideas of buddhism relative to Christianity etc.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Well there are two different groups...

One group are those whom believe in a God (i.e. the kind of god that appears in religious texts etc). These people often just want to be 'different' so that the continued attacks against an organised religion do not affect them... But they still have zainey illogical beliefs.

The other group are people who are thinking of God not as a conscious being, but perhaps as the universe its self. These people usually do not get on with the latter, or theists... and are generally considered much more 'atheist'.

no mate - u havent done any research on this at all!

the latter group ur referring to is pantheist

and the first group is not deist- so in both cases ur WRONG!!!!

Diests just believe in God as a non- interventionist being= and more or less for moral reasons - and the american ones claim that people like jefferson was one along with a myriad of other american revolutionaries

u cant classify diests into 2 groups anyway- some believe theres only one form of diests but often u see people get into groups like green diests which likes to experience God in nature and stuff like that but the essence is the same- ur able to appreciate God but he doesnt intervene.

Diesm hasnt caught on in australia though - maybe we're not ready for it LOL :rolleyes:

spell check

HSC
faith is the stupidest thing ever, the only reason people have a certain faith is because their parents told them to or they sent them to sunday school to be indoctinated in christian etc mythology

the only reason some people believe in god but not in a certain organised religion is that they have been convinced by their society that there is a god, and they feel like they have to believe it even though there is zero evidence

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
spell check said:
faith is the stupidest thing ever, the only reason people have a certain faith is because their parents told them to or they sent them to sunday school to be indoctinated in christian etc mythology

the only reason some people believe in god but not in a certain organised religion is that they have been convinced by their society that there is a god, and they feel like they have to believe it even though there is zero evidence
you dont believe what your parents believe? if not, then i suggest while youre at it you read a bit about religion before you diss it that quick.

plus for us the whole universe is existence of god

Last edited:

stainmepink

HSC
miss_gtr said:
im on the same belief as blissed. ive come to terms recently that there is a god, simply because i know he exists, no matter wat science may say

well you, madam are most certainly brainwashed.

stainmepink

HSC
guys,

what is the point of having a GOD without religion?

Seriously the two go both hand in hand. Religion is propaganda, and it works because god is its catalyst. What is the bloody point of believing in god, when religion wont be able to use the idea of "god" to manipulate us.

*scoffs*

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
- There are many many people who recieve messages from Jesus and the Virgin Mary, expecially today all around the world. Jesus has spoken about pretty much everything, especially details about the end times and certain sins that are quicky bring the hand of God down. All of these "seers" are extremely holy, and are literally living in a state of grace free of sin, perfect. Many also have the gift of the tounge, and thus the Holy Spirit speaks through them, mostly in Hebrew. The events foretold by them from heaven always happen, unless it's conditional upon man's response. Events foretold such as wars (esp WW2), and every imaginable natural disaster. Many of these people have been comfirmed by the church in Rome, with the exception of a few, who are probably false, just to set up confusion among people.
Many people claim to have seen elvis, aliens... and even be jesus.

Jesus has spoken about pretty much everything, especially details about the end times and certain sins that are quicky bring the hand of God down. All of these "seers" are extremely holy, and are literally living in a state of grace free of sin, perfect. Many also have the gift of the tounge, and thus the Holy Spirit speaks through them, mostly in Hebrew. The events foretold by them from heaven always happen, unless it's conditional upon man's response. Events foretold such as wars (esp WW2), and every imaginable natural disaster. Many of these people have been comfirmed by the church in Rome, with the exception of a few, who are probably false, just to set up confusion among people.
Blah Blah Lies.

- There are hundreds of Holy sites around the world, where Christ's followers pilgram to. It is here that they submit themselves to God's will (And let go of their own) and recieve spiritual healing. It is at these places that millions and millions of people get healed by the hand of God. There are literally thousands of stories of people getting healed of cancer, all organ diseases, the blind, hearing impaired and every single physical ailment that is known to man. Doctors couldn't even fathom that these people are healed after literally being on " death row."
Blah Blah more lies (+ you have to realise that people from ALL religions make these types of claims).

-Many people around the world also recieve the wounds of Christ, in image. They call it stigmata, and doctors and medical experts are astonished having found no evidence of self inflicted or other infliction.
Not true.

- Then theres factual evidence and material proof for athiests that Jesus existed. The Shroud of Turin is an example. Countless number of apparition sites where Mother Mary appeared to deliver messages. These have now become Holy sites, some where she opened up springs of water, this water has healing power for any diseases and health problems. An example of this is in Lourdes, where she appeared and the water is widely treasured today for it's curing abitities.
Wtf? Stop with the lies.

I can't be bothered.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
- There are many many people who recieve messages from Jesus and the Virgin Mary, expecially today all around the world.
- They cannot prove that they recieved messages from Jesus anymore than I can prove to you that I am in conversation with Satan.
- There are many many people who recieve Messages from Allah, Moses, Ganesh, Dead Relatives, Elvis, Aliens...

Jesus has spoken about pretty much everything, especially details about the end times and certain sins that are quicky bring the hand of God down.
- Jesus said a bunch of ambigious and sometimes accurate predictions... Much like millions of other prophets, psychics etc etc...

The events foretold by them from heaven always happen, unless it's conditional upon man's response.
- Well if you're looking for any possible sign that they are happening... For example many Muslims believe we are living in the 'last days' because prophecies including "thighs talking" (attributed by someone on this board as mobile phones in ur pockets..) have happened.

Events foretold such as wars (esp WW2), and every imaginable natural disaster. Many of these people have been comfirmed by the church in Rome, with the exception of a few, who are probably false, just to set up confusion among people.
- Who cares that the church 'confirmed' them?
- Again, these events are described in ambigious ways... I predict that next year there will be an earthquake that will kill many, it will send shockwaves around the world and cause an outpouring of sympathy.

More to come.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
kangaroo said:
There is an unspeakable amount of evidence that God and Jesus exist, and it really piles up everyday. Here are just a few examples:
- There are many many people who recieve messages from Jesus and the Virgin Mary, expecially today all around the world. Jesus has spoken about pretty much everything, especially details about the end times and certain sins that are quicky bring the hand of God down. All of these "seers" are extremely holy, and are literally living in a state of grace free of sin, perfect. Many also have the gift of the tounge, and thus the Holy Spirit speaks through them, mostly in Hebrew. The events foretold by them from heaven always happen, unless it's conditional upon man's response. Events foretold such as wars (esp WW2), and every imaginable natural disaster. Many of these people have been comfirmed by the church in Rome, with the exception of a few, who are probably false, just to set up confusion among people.

- There are hundreds of Holy sites around the world, where Christ's followers pilgram to. It is here that they submit themselves to God's will (And let go of their own) and recieve spiritual healing. It is at these places that millions and millions of people get healed by the hand of God. There are literally thousands of stories of people getting healed of cancer, all organ diseases, the blind, hearing impaired and every single physical ailment that is known to man. Doctors couldn't even fathom that these people are healed after literally being on " death row."

- There are thousands of documented video footage and photographs all around the world's most Holy churches, of how statues started weeping blood and oil. Statues of Jesus, the Virgin Mary and also saints. These are well documented on various sites, all cases which have found no "fraud." Then theres more evidence of statues of the Virgin Mary's statues all around the world where her head posture have changed i.e looking down to looking up. There is even more photos and filmage of the face of Jesus and the Virgin Mary appearing everywhere from hundreds of rose petals, candles, even on glass windows which they still remain. In one of the photographs, there was a bold (and quite large) image of the Virgin Mary holding infant Jesus in her arms. This was on the window of a health clinic that was about to introduce the "service" of abortion.

- There are many saints whose bodies remain intact after 100 years after their death, and are kept in open coffins in churches around the Earth. one example is St. Bernadette Soubirous (1844 to 1879) whose body remains the same today, in Lourdes. There are many documented images of them and pilgrams flock to see them. Their skin, eyes, facial features even eyebrows remain untouched, undecayed. Also St John Vianney (1786 to 1859).

-Many people around the world also recieve the wounds of Christ, in image. They call it stigmata, and doctors and medical experts are astonished having found no evidence of self inflicted or other infliction.

- Then theres factual evidence and material proof for athiests that Jesus existed. The Shroud of Turin is an example. Countless number of apparition sites where Mother Mary appeared to deliver messages. These have now become Holy sites, some where she opened up springs of water, this water has healing power for any diseases and health problems. An example of this is in Lourdes, where she appeared and the water is widely treasured today for it's curing abitities.

Do a search on each one of these and you'll be astounded with the articles, footage, photographs and images.

- Then there are billions and billions of personal testifications of people having recieved Jesus and thus God our Father in their lives.These range from from people testifying their lives being saved from literally death to people feeling their budrens just lifted and taken away from them and their hearts purified. Think of 9/11, of how many thousands of miracle stories there are, and how people didn't go into work that day or were just a little bit late.

I could still give you more proof, and could write books and what I've just touched on above. I think someone here said that some people will never believe no matter how much proof is peresnted to them. I really don't know what else it will take after the signs we're always being given and all this above. What needs to be next? Jesus coming down from heaven for you to see in the flesh? Oh and this will happen soon enough, as the last few pages of Scripture are being fulfilled.
seriously, i want to know your hsc results

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)