• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Why I believe in God but have no Religion (2 Viewers)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Who on Earth claims to recieve messages from these false gods, really I have no idea. The Catholic church has backed it up, trying to disprove it because " allah, elvis" have spoken is futile.
What so because your religious institution confirms it you require no further proof?
Millions of people recieve messages from these 'false gods' (not always a God mind you), and how come you believe the ones which conform to your religious belief and not the others? No reason other than because the Catholic church tells you to?

They are always accurate, unless He has specifically said prayers can only "ease" these disasters. He sends them as warnings in love. And I hate to tell you mate, byt psychics get their information from Satans' chorts and demons. That's why they can tell you about somebody's past. God has forbidden this, aswell as other magic etc, in scripture.
I'm sorry to tell you mate but Psychics are all frauds... I can perform the same forgery as they do.

right....What have muslims got to do with this?
I was providing you an example of how religious people often look for the signs of their religions validity by grasping at straws and by making far-fetched connections.

The events that are told by Our Blessed Lady and Jesus are specific many times, none of that sarcastic talk of yours. If ever they are more general, it is because they want prayers from us to ease them, if they were too specific then people would evacuate, without turning to God.
What the hell? Show me where Jesus specifically predicts world war 2.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i volunteer we open up a new thread where we have "kangaroo" in one corner and "veterandoggy" in the other. and the topic is *drum roll*........... My god is better

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
- There are thousands of documented video footage and photographs all around the world's most Holy churches, of how statues started weeping blood and oil. Statues of Jesus, the Virgin Mary and also saints. These are well documented on various sites, all cases which have found no "fraud."

its funny how you quotes the word "fraud" , but not the word "no"

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
kangaroo said:
The Message of Fatima (Given by The Virgin Mary) accurately predicted in 1917 all of the following events which came to pass:

(1) the end of World War I;

(2) the emergence of Russia as a world power which would "spread its errors (including Communism) throughout the world ... raising up wars and persecutions against the Church";

(3) the election of a Pope who would be named Pius XI;

(4) the waging of a second World War following a strange light in the night sky.

Source:http://www.fatima.org/whyfatima.htm
Here is just part of that message:
"To save them [poor sinners who are on the road to hell], God wishes to establish in the world devotion to My Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end; but if people do not cease offending God, a worse war will break out during the reign of Pius XI. When you see a night illumined by an unknown light, know that this is the great sign given you by God that He is about to punish the world for its crimes, by means of war, famine, and persecutions against the Church and against the Holy Father."
predicting the end of a war ahaha. well all wars end dah/

Well she forgot the vientamese war, or the iraq war thats going on now.

i can do the same and predict stuff , something thats way into the future has a high percentage of accuring, but if they dont , not to worry it will be too long into the future for anyone to care.

i promise you there will be another war after the iraq war. i promise you there will be another pope after this one. and i promise you one of the billion meteors that flash through the night sky, will be visible when these events happen.
can she get anymore vague.

sorry to say , she isnt jesus either. u cant say jesus said something, when someone else holly did.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
(1) the end of World War I;

(2) the emergence of Russia as a world power which would "spread its errors (including Communism) throughout the world ... raising up wars and persecutions against the Church";
Both of those events were easily predictable...

(3) the election of a Pope who would be named Pius XI;
There were people betting on the name of this pope too... That guy on Tripple M guessed it =/

Considering that all of these 'predictions' can be easily explained by the mundane... why do you instead jump to such a wild, fantastic conclusion?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yeah easily predictable from a 2005 retrospect point of view. Point is when you were living then, there was no way possible of knowing anything that would happen during WW2.
No, easily predictable back then... It was definately a possibility that russia would emerge as a superpower... and some were worried about this new 'communism' thing that was seeing an emergence in russia.

The Tripple M thing had to do with the current pope...

P.S. You did not answer this question and it is one i'd really like an answer to...

Considering that all of these 'predictions' can be easily explained by the mundane... why do you instead jump to such a wild, fantastic conclusion?
Also, how does one fantastic conclusion (that these people were prophets from god) have any more merit than me claiming that they were messengers of Satan?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
kangaroo said:
Yeah easily predictable from a 2005 retrospect point of view. Point is when you were living then, there was no way possible of knowing anything that would happen during WW2.
And triple M, was non exisitent circa 1917
This one. He was referring to Ratzinger.

Russia coming to power wasn't that strange even from that viewpoint, ultimately communism and capitalism conflicting again wasn't that strange.

Predicting future wars wow. Anyone can do it.

Ok I predict there will be a Pope John Paul III some time, this current war in Iraq will end, and there will be another war at some stage.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i volunteer we open up a new thread where we have "kangaroo" in one corner and "veterandoggy" in the other. and the topic is *drum roll*........... My god is better
in case you forgot, i do believe in jesus, but as a prophet. i would agree with all he has to say, except jesus being god. and for your information, the god we worship in islam is about the equivalent of the "father" in christianity, so you may see more agrees than disagrees.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Also, how does one fantastic conclusion (that these people were prophets from god) have any more merit than me claiming that they were messengers of Satan?
sorry to step on your tail ntb, but these messengers taught us to be heavily against satan. satan wouldnt be too happy if his messengers condemned him right?

the difference in merit is quite large. like i said, we say that they came from whoever they are praising, but from what you're saying, they came from the person they are condemning.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
satan wouldnt be too happy if his messengers condemned him right?
What do you mean? Predictions about things I got told can come from Satan (i.e. psychics) and also from prophets? How can you tell the difference?

As for when someone condemns satan, maybe they are just doing it to trick you into trusting them so they can manipulate you? Seems a fairly simple plan.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
What do you mean? Predictions about things I got told can come from Satan (i.e. psychics) and also from prophets? How can you tell the difference?

As for when someone condemns satan, maybe they are just doing it to trick you into trusting them so they can manipulate you? Seems a fairly simple plan.
a simple plan that im sure satan couldnt afford to do, not to a few billion people. and the only things we believe in that could be magical are black magic and the evil eye. there are also people who speak to jinn, but that is not magic. they have formed some pact with them in order to communicate. psychics (the real ones) would fall under people who speak to jinn, since everyone has a jinn who is with them, and to find your past it is only a simple request from their jinn to your jinn and they would get the information they need.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
in case you forgot, i do believe in jesus, but as a prophet. i would agree with all he has to say, except jesus being god. and for your information, the god we worship in islam is about the equivalent of the "father" in christianity, so you may see more agrees than disagrees.
yes but yuor forgetting that you think that all christians will burn in sulphiric pits of hell, while kangaroo is positive satan will personaly torture you becuase you are not a true christian.

let the battle begin

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
a simple plan that im sure satan couldnt afford to do, not to a few billion people. and the only things we believe in that could be magical are black magic and the evil eye. there are also people who speak to jinn, but that is not magic. they have formed some pact with them in order to communicate. psychics (the real ones) would fall under people who speak to jinn, since everyone has a jinn who is with them, and to find your past it is only a simple request from their jinn to your jinn and they would get the information they need.
i think he can. after all doesnt it say he is a "great manipulator" . i interpret "great " to such a degree that satan is capable of anything to to manipulate a trillion people, and therefore is manipulating all of islam and christianity.

satan made you believe in jinn and its black magic. in actual fact its david copperfield who is secretly helping satan do these magic acts

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
yes but yuor forgetting that you think that all christians will burn in sulphiric pits of hell, while kangaroo is positive satan will personaly torture you becuase you are not a true christian.

let the battle begin
wel, ill let you pass the messages, since your so eager to make this thread go off topic, like the terror raids thread. from my knowledge, christians who have never heard of islam (in reference to pre-islamic period) would go to heaven, and as for todays christians, i will let allah do as he pleases. if they go to heaven or hell is not my concern, as long as i am going to heaven.

satan will personally torture me? HA!! yeah sasha, pull the other leg. if anything, he probably hates me for being a muslim, and steers clear of me, cos i have necessary supplications to make him flee if he doesnt take heed.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i think he can. after all doesnt it say he is a "great manipulator" . i interpret "great " to such a degree that satan is capable of anything to to manipulate a trillion people, and therefore is manipulating all of islam and christianity.

satan made you believe in jinn and its black magic. in actual fact its david copperfield who is secretly helping satan do these magic acts
tsk tsk, trivial speech...
great manipulator, yet he cant even free himself during ramadan, when he is locked up in chains, and the gates of hell are shut and the gates of heaven are open.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
satan will personally torture me? HA!! yeah sasha, pull the other leg. if anything, he probably hates me for being a muslim, and steers clear of me, cos i have necessary supplications to make him flee if he doesnt take heed.
How the hell do you know? How do you know that Satan didn't kill God ages ago and just made up the koran for laughs?

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
im gonna take a rest. there are too many posts that i have treated with more than deserved importance. if i will seem stubborn, then so be it. but let me point out that you guys arent any less stubborn.

a patriot versus a partiot: no winner. both losers.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
tsk tsk, trivial speech...
great manipulator, yet he cant even free himself during ramadan, when he is locked up in chains, and the gates of hell are shut and the gates of heaven are open.
you never seen the gates of hell or satan being chained up.

satan knows that you never seen these and uses that to trick people into believing that he is chained up. However in actual fact he is free and is laughs as poor muslims, discomfort them selves greatly and perform a useless starvation rituals that satan also tricked into making muslims do.

satan is a great manipulator. he makes allah seem real and mohammad even realer

heybraham

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
i believe in God, and Jesus, but i don't believe in the Bible in some concepts, and the concept of having one in general, the word loses integrity, and can only gain integrity by selectively reading. But I won't go into that.

I love everyone in their truest possible form (ie when all the masks fall and act human) and I feel more Christian than most fundamentalists that condemn me for my disbelief with the religion itself.

I feel that if there really was a God, and yes I have been atheist once, but it can apply... if there WAS a God, and he was really wonderful, he would be based on love, not "don't do this or that". I sound like a hippy, but if I were God, I'd encourage people to start looking around, instead of looking up.
i mean the bible wasn't/isn't meant to be upheld by old men in churches. really a church doesn't even need to be a fancy building with wooden pews where you sing boring hymns (i go to such a church....). it's just meant to be a (regular) gathering of christians.

for example, the condemnations against homosexuality i believe are not against the relationship aspect itself, but more directed towards the indulgent acts of sex...eg. fetishes, gangbangs etc. it's a mutilation of the so-called divine act of sex. that is why the bible promotes monogamy, it generally upholds the act of sex (instead of degrading it) but not it is not desgined impose a conservative society that becomes stable.

Christianity was one of the most radical cults when it began, Jesus was highly critical of the pharisees...and i think he would equally be as critical of the fancy churches and hypocritical leadership of the church (think catholics). surprisingly, i think hillsong despite its cheesiness and how rich it is, has hit the spot. ( i know this comment will find itself much criticism...but you won't know what i mean unless you go to a conservative looking church every 7 days)

just like you can have multiple readings of say, Shakespeare; you can have multiple readings with the bible and all religions. so for example you can have a HOMOSEXUAL reading, as featured in one of the 30 days episodes on tv. (on only a few weeks ago). so yes inner child you probably are more christian than you think...(perhaps even more christian than the fundamentalists:rolleyes: hehe)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)