• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Writing a novel (2 Viewers)

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
I love to write but I have the problem of starting and never finishing. Also I can only really write successfully in pen. On the computer I go back and edit, and its so easy to just delete something, and then you never get anywhere. I know that when I edit it in the end I'll probably cut out at least half of it - but at least I would get to that point.

In year nine I once wrote a book. It was about 4 A5 exercise books long - like the thick ones. I wrote the whole thing left handed. Then I left home and when my mother moved she threw them all in the bin. I was rather heart broken and am still not over it. I mean I know it was pretty bad, but still, it was something solid, something I had to show for high school. Its something I'll never get back.

Currently I am writing a story. Its going pretty well, not sure how much I have done, but its moving along. I'm going to finish this one. I find tricks to help me stick with one story is to buy nice notebooks - like covered ones with cream paper. They cost more, but i'm not going to rip out the pages, and it makes me want to finish it. Also, I like stationary so I write with fountain pens, and like mixing inks together to create new colours. Its makes writing more exciting for me, and once I start, I'll go for a fair few pages, its just sitting down and getting into the head space.

I'm doing a BA at the moment.
It's apparent by your post, how well you write :) May you become a famous writer someday. I hope.

klaris

HSC
I'm currently writing a "novel" per say and have got quite a lot done. I don't know if it will ever be published but I do enjoy writing for myself and for my friends who keenly awaiting the next little tibit (a good sign?)

I am studying Ext Eng I and hopefully Ext Eng II in year 12. I plan to study Arts/Creative Writing in uni.

:)

Oh and I love it. A passion, I guess.

Far_far_away

HSC
I like it as well.

I'm also writing a novel ... fantasy based.

Perhaps mine will also be released one day. =]

However, the problem with me is that when I pick up a pen, I never put it back down. =] I keep writing, lol. Hence, perhaps mine will be broken into series.

I'm doing Arts/Teaching.
Oh really? Mine is fantasy based too :D I hope you will get published ^^ Wish me luck too hehe...

Far_far_away

HSC
I'm currently writing a "novel" per say and have got quite a lot done. I don't know if it will ever be published but I do enjoy writing for myself and for my friends who keenly awaiting the next little tibit (a good sign?)

I am studying Ext Eng I and hopefully Ext Eng II in year 12. I plan to study Arts/Creative Writing in uni.

:)

Oh and I love it. A passion, I guess.
Lots have ppl have been talking about Ext Eng II, what is it exactly? Yeah I am like you, I love writing and show it to family and friends who will help me edit. We share the same dream of "hoping" to get published :D

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
no. What is it?
You serious? The HSC subject...

EX2 is an English subject, where you get to create you're own creative major work. Be it a short story, script, film, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)