• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Applause for the gayest student name at all time... (1 Viewer)

nikmueller

HSC
i won't apologise for sounding like a politician. being vague is how we get by.

student politics is not a right. neither is it a privilige. it is a service. there are 26,000+ students. being a representative is being a voice for these students. currently there are too few voices and these voices have a whole lot of power.

i don't know how best to respond to your post because you have written so many questions and thoughts jumbled up together.

i will just say, we have two options
  • start something now, something imperfect, build on what we already know and learn by experience; or
  • do nothing and have 3 students represent us in the press and in governance
in terms of the other issues i.e. finances, representation, sustainability of the organisation etc they are great questions. lets look at them one by one. all with the aim of building the new council with aim of creating the best representative body in the world. ever.

nikmueller

HSC
speaking of which...

You are invited to a meeting of students at 12 noon, Wednesday 27th June in the SAM Atrium.

Why have a meeting now?
  • building ideas and connections between students now and over the hols will give us a good chance of getting this going for next semester
  • exams are over!
What is it for?
  • updates on what is happening
    • word is that U@MQ peeps will be there
    • ask them all the questions you can think of
  • so you can have your say in what the new SRC will look like.
    • this meeting will have the outcome of students putting up their hands to look into specific aspects of any new SRC i.e.
      • financial sustainability
      • representation
      • what other unis have and what is successful etc.
    • put up your hand and make uni better!
Do i have to pay?
  • nup. normally it costs a whole lot to hire out the Atrium. Because we are students and students are awesome we get to use the atrium for free, this time at least
i know that there are amazingly clever students who want to have an input into founding a new SRC. my hope is that i can get these people together. so come, bring ideas and friends!

peace
nik

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)