• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Cantebury Bulldogs Win! (1 Viewer)

nerd2die4

HSC
tammer that doesnt gurantee anything. we all remember origin, fittler will continue playing till he wins.

ohh and a 5 star post once again, ohwhenthesaints.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
ohwhenthesaints said:
Mate, you have got to be kidding, seriously. Firstly, the players that are leaving this year are irrelevant, as they still helped you win the premiership. Hutch and Scott are leaving to look for opportunities, there was basically no room for them in your starting side, don't make them out to be big losses. Thurston was basically unwanted because of certain behaviours, and was happy for the chance to 'escape' to the Cowboys. Price, that one has to hurt, but he was sick of being associated with the filth that goes on in your club, and the Warriors offer was too good to refuse. The loss of Vagana is countered by Willlie Tonga AND Jamal Loolesi, not bad for a club supposedly losing all these players. Norton and Rauhihi were not big losses, solid players sure, but the club had to look like they were getting rid of players. Andrew Ryan as a replacement isn't too bad. You should have lost 600k of players THEN, you're only losing them "since then" because of the rise of SBW and Asotasi. I think it's pretty clear and hard to dispute that you are being rewarded for cheating the salary cap, and it shows that cheating the salary cap is worth it. Sacrifice one year to win it 2 years down the track. If you did not cheat 2 years ago there is no way you would have assembled this squad, it would be spread amongst 4 clubs, which also means it might have meant no premiership.
ok, im goin to make it easy for you so you can understand.

here's a list of players we've lost :

Glen Hughes

Shane Marteene

Steve Reardon

Willie Talau

Darrell Trindall

Nigel Vagana

Gavin Lester

Darren Smith

Travis Norton

Paul Rauhihi

Steve Price

Jonathan Thurston

Dennis Scott

Hutch Maiuva

Glen Hall

and these are just the ones i know of. Now how much do you think all these guys are worth, way more than $600K, and that frees up alot of space under the cap, and dont start talkin shit of why they left, that fact is they left and the point is alot of space was left and the only big name signings we've had are Andrew Ryan and Jamal Lolesi. i do admit they're not all big losses, but since the salary cap applies to the top 25 players at the club and not just the first grade squad, they still make a difference to the cap

and you made the point of Sonny Bill and Willie Tonga, well in case you forgot this is only their first year of first grade, and when they signed their contracts last year they wont well known and thus didnt get a huge offer. Ofcourse their value has sky-rocketed this year, but the point is they're not being paid how much they're worth now coz their contract specified their salary for this year and next year,(same thing applies to Reni Matuia and Roy Asotasi) so dont think they get piad like superstars, they even live together with Reni Matuia in a house in Belmore owned by the Bulldogs

nerd2die4

HSC
willie tonga was well known before he reached the bulldogs. it's just the brian smith was too dumb to realise this.

HSC
Suney_J said:
ok, im goin to make it easy for you so you can understand.

here's a list of players we've lost :

Glen Hughes

Shane Marteene

Steve Reardon

Willie Talau

Darrell Trindall

Nigel Vagana

Gavin Lester

Darren Smith

Travis Norton

Paul Rauhihi

Steve Price

Jonathan Thurston

Dennis Scott

Hutch Maiuva

Glen Hall

and these are just the ones i know of. Now how much do you think all these guys are worth, way more than $600K, and that frees up alot of space under the cap, and dont start talkin shit of why they left, that fact is they left and the point is alot of space was left and the only big name signings we've had are Andrew Ryan and Jamal Lolesi. i do admit they're not all big losses, but since the salary cap applies to the top 25 players at the club and not just the first grade squad, they still make a difference to the cap

and you made the point of Sonny Bill and Willie Tonga, well in case you forgot this is only their first year of first grade, and when they signed their contracts last year they wont well known and thus didnt get a huge offer. Ofcourse their value has sky-rocketed this year, but the point is they're not being paid how much they're worth now coz their contract specified their salary for this year and next year,(same thing applies to Reni Matuia and Roy Asotasi) so dont think they get piad like superstars, they even live together with Reni Matuia in a house in Belmore owned by the Bulldogs
Interesting stuff there. I'm getting a little confused as to the point you're trying to make with all these 'stars' that have left. I would say most other fans would be able to make a similar list of players who have left their club. I know that this year alone Saints have lost Shaun Vidito (Eels), Henry Perenara (Eels), Nathan Blacklock (Hull 2yrs), Wycliff Palu (NSW Waratahs), Beau Scott (Sharks), Brett White (Storm), Michael Howell (Raiders for 2yrs), David Howell (Raiders for 2yrs), Brett Firman (Roosters for 3yrs), Mark Riddell (Eels for 3yrs), Brent Kite (Manly for 4yrs), John Olzard (burleigh- Qld Cup), Tony Jensen, John Carlaw the retirments of Wille Leyshon, Andrew Frew and Nathan Long as well as the possible departure of Lincoln Withers. I'm not disputing the fact that the Cheats are under the cap now. Hell, their accountant would have to be nothing short of a genius if you were still cheating it and not getting caught.

The point I'm trying to make, which I'm sure would be quite clear to most other people to, is that this victory occurred because you cheated 2 years ago. You were punished then, but what's the point if you are able to win the competition 2 years later with virtually the same squad. That is my point. The reason you won this year was because you cheated 2 years ago. If you did not cheat, the talent you had then would be assembled amongst 4 different clubs, and this 'dynasty' would not even be talked about. If you finished reading my post, I actually congratulated you. I'm sure you stuck by them through everything and it's not your fault they cheated and raped. Just wondering what is stopping a club such as Souths cheating the cap, sacrificing next year, and then winning the premiership next year. Without doing this they don't look likely to win for the next god knows how long, so why not??? FFS we don't look like winning a premiership any time soon so why don't Saints do it too. As long as you can sleep at night I guess, which it's good to see alot of you can.

Nerd2die4 you beat me to it. The claim that these players "wont well known" is an interesting one. Alot of people were talking about him, and yes as Nerd said, Brian Smith is the only one in the world not to realise his potential Cheaterbury did very will to pick him up at such a low price. And as for SBW, you think that he just popped up this year to already become one of the game's best players??? His grandfather is a NZ national icon, and his uncles could play a bit too. People have been waiting for Sonny Bill for a long, long time. Also interesting to see that the Doggys are employing a famous Rorters strategy in providing housing for their young players. Very interesting indeed.

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
ohwhenthesaints, it seems like you like arguing and arguing so i put it to you, to visit "thekennel.com.au" and see how far you can argue with the people who know their facts inside out.....
whats there to lose.....register to their forums for free and try persuade them that the bulldogs cheated their way from 2002 to this years grand final victory...... after all you do know so much about the game and you are always correct with you assumptions and arguments.........btw youre not the first jealous dragons supporter around......i spose i would be jealous if my team played like a bunch of under 6's every second game

bennynoel

The Bulldogs only won because of bad refereeing -

Minichello's second try, it wasn't a shepherd

El Masri's try was a double movement

Also, on the rape thing, it did happen, i know for a fact it did, and Willy Mason was the ring leader in the incident

Another thing Mason tested positive to using Cocaine earlier in the season but because the test was done within the clubd they kept it internal and covered it up

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
nerd2die4 said:
willie tonga was well known before he reached the bulldogs. it's just the brian smith was too dumb to realise this.
Thats true about willie being well known - but brian smith wasn't dumb not to realise it - he put him on the side as much as he could, but unfortuanetly, willie didn't show some of the great stuff he had in him until he went to the dogs.

T

timbk2

hey shifty. nice sig!

do you have sbw's hit on joel clinton a few weeks ago

HSC
Shifty said:
ohwhenthesaints, it seems like you like arguing and arguing so i put it to you, to visit "thekennel.com.au" and see how far you can argue with the people who know their facts inside out.....
whats there to lose.....register to their forums for free and try persuade them that the bulldogs cheated their way from 2002 to this years grand final victory...... after all you do know so much about the game and you are always correct with you assumptions and arguments.........btw youre not the first jealous dragons supporter around......i spose i would be jealous if my team played like a bunch of under 6's every second game
Why would I bother doing that? They are celebrating with fellow Bullcheats fans on their own forum, good on them. I know how much I hate it when other supporters come onto Saints forums. But when you or other Cheats fans want to talk about it on a general sports forum you can expect to get other people's opinions. Sometimes you may not like what you see, (i.e. when it's shown you're team are rapists and cheats), but if you don't like it stay at the kennel and talk to your fellow fans.

I wouldn't say jealous is the word. Perhaps jealous that your club has just won the premiership when in a sense it is not deserved at all. And yes, obviously I'm sick of the way our team never lives up to it's potential and rarely turns up to play, but as you would know that's the whole point of it, you take the good with the bad. Like I've been saying, enjoy your victory, not sure why you are getting so worked up about what other supporters think (know)?? I guess the truth must be a little hard to handle...

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
ohwhenthesaints said:
The point I'm trying to make, which I'm sure would be quite clear to most other people to, is that this victory occurred because you cheated 2 years ago. You were punished then, but what's the point if you are able to win the competition 2 years later with virtually the same squad. That is my point. The reason you won this year was because you cheated 2 years ago.
when the Bulldogs cheated 2 years ago, they didnt pay all 25 players under the cap extra, they secretly spent extra cash on around 11 or 12 players which led them to be over the cap, and only 4 of those players remain. so when you say we have the same squad as 2 yrs ago, only 4 players were involved with the rort

nerd2die4 said:
willie tonga was well known before he reached the bulldogs. it's just the brian smith was too dumb to realise this

Misturi said:
Thats true about willie being well known - but brian smith wasn't dumb not to realise it

ohwhenthesaints said:
Alot of people were talking about him, and yes as Nerd said, Brian Smith is the only one in the world not to realise his potential
how can you all miss the point? i didnt say he wasnt known, i said he wasnt well-known, coz if he was he would've attracted bigger offers, but since he wasnt we were able to offer a relatively low salary

ohwhenthesaints said:
Cheaterbury did very will to pick him up at such a low price
thnx for confirming

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
bennynoel said:

Also, on the rape thing, it did happen, i know for a fact it did, and Willy Mason was the ring leader in the incident

Another thing Mason tested positive to using Cocaine earlier in the season but because the test was done within the clubd they kept it internal and covered it up
We had some bad refereeing against us as well.......for eg. Utai catching the ball in-goal and mander awarding a dropout, and walker dropping the high ball and mander allowing the play to continue....

Haha, Minichello's second try wasnt a shepard, i just hope that was a joke because if it wasnt, you have embarrassed your self with showing that you have no knowledge of the rules.

Once again weak knowledge of rules, El Masri didnt reach from outside the goal line, he was over the goal line and was entitled to get up and have another crack....it is the roosters faults for not holding him up..

LOL, So you know the rape happened for a fact ay, quick get to your local police station and inform them that you have facts that prove a rape occurred.

Whoever tested positive (and its not Mason, the club has now confirmed this) for the Bulldogs, did it in house. That's why he wasn't named, they were trying to help him.

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
timbk2 said:
hey shifty. nice sig!

do you have sbw's hit on joel clinton a few weeks ago
hey timbk2, nah sorry mate, ive been trying to look for that hit all over the place too... I might have to download the entire game and cut out that clip

bennynoel

Shifty said:
We had some bad refereeing against us as well.......for eg. Utai catching the ball in-goal and mander awarding a dropout, and walker dropping the high ball and mander allowing the play to continue....

Haha, Minichello's second try wasnt a shepard, i just hope that was a joke because if it wasnt, you have embarrassed your self with showing that you have no knowledge of the rules.

Once again weak knowledge of rules, El Masri didnt reach from outside the goal line, he was over the goal line and was entitled to get up and have another crack....it is the roosters faults for not holding him up..

LOL, So you know the rape happened for a fact ay, quick get to your local police station and inform them that you have facts that prove a rape occurred.

Whoever tested positive (and its not Mason, the club has now confirmed this) for the Bulldogs, did it in house. That's why he wasn't named, they were trying to help him.
No it wasn't a joke, and it wasn't a shepherd, there were still 2 guys there to make the tackle.

Yeah it was a double movement, he wasn't entitled to get up and have another shot because both roosters had hold of him and his momentum was nil.

Yeah the rape did occur, but its all been covered up and dealt with. And won't get out because the NRL is trying to clean up its image.

It was Mason, the club just doesn't want people to know that their Norm Smith Medal winner took recreational drugs, its exactly like John's 2 years ago with his "neck" injury, that was just a cover up because he tested positive to recreational drugs.

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
bennynoel said:
No it wasn't a joke, and it wasn't a shepherd, there were still 2 guys there to make the tackle.

Yeah it was a double movement, he wasn't entitled to get up and have another shot because both roosters had hold of him and his momentum was nil.

Yeah the rape did occur, but its all been covered up and dealt with. And won't get out because the NRL is trying to clean up its image.

It was Mason, the club just doesn't want people to know that their Norm Smith Medal winner took recreational drugs, its exactly like John's 2 years ago with his "neck" injury, that was just a cover up because he tested positive to recreational drugs.
A shepard occurs when you run behind a player from your team without releasing the ball, Minichello was clearly seen doing this and was rightly penalised. Its a rule buddy, whether you like it or not.

Once more for the dummies, INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY.

So it was mason, from your confidence in speech, you mustve been the person who tested him and found a positive sample.... shit wat can ya do ay???

Your arguments are clearly flawed and debating these points is gonna be a waste of time and space, so do yourself a favour and get on with your life...

P.S: BULLDOGS 2004 PREMIERS!!!!

HSC
Suney_J said:
when the Bulldogs cheated 2 years ago, they didnt pay all 25 players under the cap extra, they secretly spent extra cash on around 11 or 12 players which led them to be over the cap, and only 4 of those players remain. so when you say we have the same squad as 2 yrs ago, only 4 players were involved with the rort
Mate are you serious? "They only spent extra cash on around 11 or 12 players which led them to be over the cap". These were the players who were getting the illegal payments but it doesn't mean these were the only players who were being overpaid. If these 11 or 12 weren't being paid extra, their money would have come from the rest of the squad. The fact that the rest of the squad had their full contracts listed under the cap does not mean a thing. They were being paid above their market value, which was made possible by the cheating, and also meant that when the Bullcheats were caught, they were able to take "cuts" back to their actual value. I can't actually remember the players who were being overpaid, could you post them up and how much they were getting? From memory the Hughes brothers and Anasta were getting a shitload extra, but Price wasn't??

Anyway the simple fact still remains, and nothing you have said has disproved this. You cheated in 2002 and were not properly punished, your reward being winning the premiership 2 years later. It's the NRL's fault. Would you have even had Mason, Anasta, Sherwin, Price, Omeley, Sonny Bill etc if you hadn't rorted the cap? Interestingly enough, similar arguments are going on elsewhere. It saved me having to do the research, which is good because I really couldn't be bothered. Granted it is from a sore loser Rorters supporter, but the facts are the facts. Of the Cheaterbury squad as of June 20th 2002, 15 players played in the grand final plus Ryan and Tonga (purchased from other clubs).

In 2002 the Dog's had the following players in the sides selected in Round 15:
1ST GRADE: Patten, El Masri, Utai, Anasta, Sherwin, Hughes, Mason,Feeney, Perry, Grimaldi.
RESERVE GRADE: Thurston, Asotasi, Maitua.
FLEGG: Sonny Bill-Williams
O'Meley was injured
Add Ryan & Tonga and there is the 17 from the grand final 2004.
So 15 players WERE at the club in 2002 plus Price.

Suney_J said:
how can you all miss the point? i didnt say he wasnt known, i said he wasnt well-known, coz if he was he would've attracted bigger offers, but since he wasnt we were able to offer a relatively low salary

thnx for confirming
I like it how you break up my sentences to put them out of context. I don't think any of us missed the point? We stated that he was in fact well known. If Brian Smith his coach had realised this, the club would have made a bigger offer which would have increased his value. I know Saints were very interested but already had Gaz and Coops, oh and that salary cap thing. You said he wasn't well known, we said he was. How is that missing the point?

HSC
bennynoel said:

Drugs and rape aside, that is a ridiculous post. Yes i too know for a fact that the rape happened, alot of people do, but there isn't much use arguing about it in here. But how can you say they only won because of bad refereeing? I agree with Shifty on this one.

Haha I'm guessing you're a Rorters supporter. Mini's try was a shepard, and you know why? Phil Gould. Go back to the Saints vs Rorters match this year, when Gasnier ran about 5 metres behind a decoy runner and scored a try which was disallowed (would have won the game by the way). Anyway I'm sure you will remember Gus going ON AND ON AND ON about how this was a shepard and shouldn't have been a try. He said it on the footy show, wrote about it in his column, basically used all the power he shouldn't have to convince everyone that it should have been disallowed. Ah the irony, fast forward to the GF and the exact same thing happens to the Rorters!!! You even hear Sterlo using Gould's famous line "the defender shouldn't have to make a choice" hahahahaha priceless. Serves the cunt right.

And as for saying El Masri's was a double movement, well, you're an idiot. The Cheats won because they were the better team. The centre/wing pairing of Hodges/Walker also contributed, it was deadset comical watching those 2 get carved up. Cheats won 'fair and square' ... haha

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
it's not double movement when the tackle is made ingoals, i think.

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
Noun: fact
1. A piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred
2. A statement or assertion of verified information about something that is the case or has happened
3. An event known to have happened or something known to have existed
4. A concept whose truth can be proved

You continue to say you know for a fact that the rape occured, well guess what buddy, your witholding evidence and thats an offence, so quicksmart, get to your local police station and let them know your 'facts', because i for one do not want rapists roaming our streets and becoming idols for young children.

Now can you quit with the "i know for a fact a rape occured" you imbeciles..... you can asssume what you like, got nothing wrong with that, but saying that you know for a fact the incident occured is deadset moronic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)