• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Cantebury Bulldogs Win! (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
RiCe_GrOwEr said:
You cant keep dropping the pill and expect to win.............

Finch's field goal didn't pay off...........ahh suck shit you pretty boys form the East....

I feel sorry for Freddy, but on the other hand Pricey got the sendoff he deserved!
why did Price deserve it for?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
cjb said:
maybe not a 10yr ban but maybe restricting their salary cap to like 2/3 of the normal one and increase it gradually over a 5yr period.
If they wanna rort the cap so decietfully like they did then they should feel the punishment for than just one season
Hmm, that is a good idea. They shouldn't restrict the salary cap by that much though. Maybe they could restrict it by the same amount as they went over:)?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
cjb said:
u think not playing one finals is a good deterrence?
come off it, from that rorting they were able to get the likes of andrew ryan and didnt have to let go of much. they let go of like darrell trindall
from that rorting theyve been able to stock up and get a team that will be strong for years to come
The Bulldogs were goin to win the comp that yr, no questions. Not even the Roosters will argue. The NRL basically took the title away from them, ain't that a bad enough punishment?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
haha none of your can argue...all of you use personal insults to argue...:p

anyways good on the bulldogs for winning...
All of you...? I hope you're not referrin to me LoL.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Roosters had there chance in the end of the game, i guess they werent up for the chance.

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Im not a Dogs supporter, but Steven Price has been around for a long time and has played some top footy...........

His probably not up there with Freddy as a awesome player but he still gets my nod as a fine player.........

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Price is a top player, can't deny it. He's given the club great service, it's sad to see ppl like him succumb to the salary cap. I'm wit Gus on this one, they should be able to pay him a million dollars if they want to keep him at the club.

xsb

LMF^^ said:
The Bulldogs were goin to win the comp that yr, no questions. Not even the Roosters will argue. The NRL basically took the title away from them, ain't that a bad enough punishment?
Well they were able to keep the same basic core of the team for the next season, a group of players that they acquired illegally by rorting the cap. They may have had the title taken away from them that year but had the same players to try again the next year. Hell, they even added Andrew Ryan to their roster.

To me, the punishment wasnt harsh enough. They were deceitful and knew exactly what they were doing. Who knows how long theyve been rorting it.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
cjb said:
Well they were able to keep the same basic core of the team for the next season, a group of players that they acquired illegally by rorting the cap. They may have had the title taken away from them that year but had the same players to try again the next year. Hell, they even added Andrew Ryan to their roster.

To me, the punishment wasnt harsh enough. They were deceitful and knew exactly what they were doing. Who knows how long theyve been rorting it.
ppl learn from mistakes, gezzz

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
cjb said:

The Roosters have been doin it, and some other clubs too. But it wasn't as big as the Bulldogs in 2002. It just shows that lot of clubs are rorting the system, but I can surely say that the Bulldogs won't be rorting it again any time soon.

xsb

theone123 said:
ppl learn from mistakes, gezzz
it wasnt a mistake. it was cheating.

and they went $1.5million over a $3.25million salary cap

xsb

RiCe_GrOwEr said:
I would like to know how the Roosters are under the cap.............
Its called smart recruiting and not overpaying. With Fittler, hodges (good riddance), heggarty, cusack, byrne and co. all leaving im sure they are under the cap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)