• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Important - Please Read (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
bright_angell said:
Can someone plz explain to me what a Viva Voce is exactly- is it an interview with ur teacher only- or is the class watching the interview or what the!- i should noe- i know i should- but guess what- I DON'T.

thanx ppl! : ) : )

***smile for a while***
U should read Justin's guide to surviving extension 2 in the resources section it is much coolness. Evan's teacher even suggested it for Evan to look at :cool:

HSC
N/A
Lynn remarks that she thinks Matt found the acetone of his own accord, but thanks him for giving her the credit anyway :)

Lynn informs bright_angell that a Viva Voce is nothing more than a 5-minute speech about one's major work. Like most other EE2 assessment it requires one to do nothing more than talk about one's own pet project, and thus, is nothing to worry about. She also tries to calm bright_angell down by saying that no, the rest of the class does NOT see your Viva Voce and it is in front of your teacher/s only :)

EDIT: Lynn gives Justin 50 points for having one of his posts used as a teacher's aid. It just goes to support the case that the Board of Studies is inept.

Last edited:

illodous

Angels...
HSC
glitterfairy said:
EDIT: Lynn gives Justin 50 points for having one of his posts used as a teacher's aid. It just goes to support the case the that Board of Studies is inept.
Matt praises the high level of insight and wisdom Lynn has displayed to us. May we bow before this golden bounty of delightful goodness.

Matt also commends the EE2 Survival Guide. It proves that even the hallowed among us require guidance.

Matt shall now stop talking like he is blessed, and resume his trading of acetone with Evan.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Evan wishes to inform everyone he is eating cherries!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
EDIT: Lynn gives Justin 50 points for having one of his posts used as a teacher's aid. It just goes to support the case that the Board of Studies is inept.
Evan disagrees with this statement as Justin's guide is truly cool and Evan's teacher is a very nice person and a great advanced teacher but Evan is only the second person ever to attempt either extension at his school

Last edited:
J

jhakka

kami said:
U should read Justin's guide to surviving extension 2 in the resources section it is much coolness. Evan's teacher even suggested it for Evan to look at :cool:
Any help Justin gave, he didn't think was that great. However, he will accept all praise and credit for the success and happiness of others. :)

Crazy Horse

HSC
Diana is also only one of two students who are currently undertaking the ext 2 course! :eek:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
illodous said:
Matt is also the second person to ever attempt Extension 2. Consecuatively, he is the only one in his class. (just like Marcus in 2004)
Evan says his situation is more extreme since he has been throwing temper tantrums since the beginning of 03 just to get 3 unit let alone 4u.
Your guide was far from minimal justin, you should be proud.

illodous

Angels...
HSC
Matt shrugs.

I know what you mean. I didn't do well in my School Cert. and they were thinking of actually declining me from doing Advanced. But I was a scholar then, and loved creative writing... they saw me as having the aptitude, and put me on trial. I hate to say, they still have me on trial..

J

jhakka

Justin hates the idea of teachers deciding who can and cannot do Advanced English. Ridiculous.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Alwayz Diana said:
Diana wishes to know if Evan is exaggerating about the temper tantrums??
Evan is not as his school thinks english extension is pointless and unpopular and they had refused to run it till evan threw tantrums, nagged and incited evil opinion against teachers. The only other person to complete the extensions at evan's school did it through distance education. The reason Evan thinks there is such low opinion on the faculties part of eng ext is because the principal is married to the Head Math teacher.
Edit: Amusingly it was not Evan's results that nearly denied him the extensions, for Evan has the 4th highest marks all round, at his school as they simply refused to teach it. It was actually Evan's strong performance in the HSC for Advanced that finally got them to cave.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Lynn is very impressed with the 05's... at the beginning of Yr 12, Lynn was one of about 60 who signed up to do EE2 (that was half the grade), although the number eventually dwindled to 38. Lynn applauds their determination.

Lynn agrees with Evan that a maths-dominated mind is almost always the cause for a poor english source of support. On a random note, Lynn's entire school is made to do Advanced English, and very emphatically encouraged/slightly bullied into doing EE1...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)