• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Rules for Customers (3 Viewers)

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
Another one from the corner shop:

If you come in and buy a newspaper, dont make me check the fucking thing to see if your precious fucking TV guide is in there. Stop being lazy and fucking check it yourself!!!! In addition to that, if you buy a paper and then get home and your precious TV guide ISN'T there, don't come back and whinge and bitch to me just cos the machine missed the paper you bought. Check the fucking thing before you buy it!!!

Also, do NOT under any circumstaces call me: love, dear, sweetheart, lass, darling or gorgeous. I don't know you, and I don't like weird people calling me affectionate names. It's just wrong.

And yes, I have a nametag and yes, it says Chelsea. Do not ask me my name. Do not come to me and say "Now, *pause* Chelsea, I have a request...." Or attempt to use that line but mispronounce my name. Mispronounce my name and you WILL be ignored. Don't say "Chelsea... that's a pretty name". I DON'T CARE! And if you're a teenage guy, don't spend 10 minutes staring at my chest and then act like you were reading my nametag. I'm here to serve you. That is all.

Last edited:

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
chelzmalee said:
Also, do NOT under any circumstaces call me: love, dear, sweetheart, lass, darling or gorgeous. I don't know you, and I don't like weird people calling me affectionate names. It's just wrong.
I'm so sick of service drones doing the same.

It's a two way street, ya dig?

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
CINEMAS:

- dont make out with ur bf/gf...my supervisor makes me interrupt you, and often, its more embarassing for you than me.

- dont pretend not to remember which movie you're going to see, when in fact you already know, but still feel the need to poke your friend and ask him/her

- dont complain about paying $8 for a movie ticket. go to the city and pay $15 if you have a problem

- dont try and sneak into a movie...its very obvious and annoying when i have to follow you in and ask you to leave

- dont complain about candy bar prices, again, go and pay $9 for a popcorn in the city.

- dont ask me what i thought of a movie, and then complain afterwards when it wasnt what you thought...you asked for MY opinion.

- dont leave your rubbish on the ground...its rude, and if you ever work at cinemas you will realise.

ok, enough....thats just a start tho :-/

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
chelzmalee said:
Another one from the corner shop:

If you come in and buy a newspaper, dont make me check the fucking thing to see if your precious fucking TV guide is in there. Stop being lazy and fucking check it yourself!!!! In addition to that, if you buy a paper and then get home and your precious TV guide ISN'T there, don't come back and whinge and bitch to me just cos the machine missed the paper you bought. Check the fucking thing before you buy it!!!

And yes, I have a nametag and yes, it says Chelsea. Do not ask me my name. Do not come to me and say "Now, *pause* Chelsea, I have a request...." Or attempt to use that line but mispronounce my name. Mispronounce my name and you WILL be ignored. Don't say "Chelsea... that's a pretty name". I DON'T CARE! And if you're a teenage guy, don't spend 10 minutes staring at my chest and then act like you were reading my nametag. I'm here to serve you. That is all.

shut up , i can call you what ever i want, i can stare at yuor chset if i feel like it, u cant stop me. and if i am reading yuor name tag, then shut up and let me read, dont think yuor some hot babe and everyone is staring at yuor chesy, maybe they are actually trying to read yuor name to get some service ffs.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
rule for service people: at least pretend to be happy or, if that's too hard, try to have even the smallest smile on your face when you talk to me. If you look grumpy then I will be one of those annoying rude customers :p

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
customers: if we r in a busy cafe, dont b cut if ur salad takeaway takes longer than macas does. there is a chef out the back perfecting 5 more orders before urs, so shut up.

yes, i got a new job.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
sped_kid01 said:
CINEMAS:

- dont make out with ur bf/gf...my supervisor makes me interrupt you, and often, its more embarassing for you than me.
Seriously you're meant to interrupt people. What if they are doing more than that, like I know I have done in a movie before. What are you meant to do then?

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
Yes, its really humiliating!

I have had to kick people out who were doing "more than making out"

I dont work there anymore thank god! But yeah, i am made to ask them to stop kissing :( Its kind of sad really

HSC
1. I'm not pricing department, don't tell me about the price being 'too high' because I frankly don't give a shit
2. Unload your trolley onto my counter, (last person who just drove their trolley and looked at me, i just looked at them and waited for them to unload)
3. Don't ask me if I go to school if I'm working on a saturday, most kids my age have a job and work commonly on the weekend
4. Im 16 year old at school, not 24 with a builders apprentice and several years expierence using power tools, so don't be surprised If I have to ask someone else for help
5. Saying there is "no service in this store" when Im clearly up to my fucking neck in customers, phone calls and cashiering may be the reason why
6. Don't blame me for shit management
7. Be polite and I'll give you those bunnings bags for free, not 10c
8. Don't 'throw' the money on the desk, if you do i'll put your change on the desk and you can put it in your hands
9. If you pick up the product, and face the barcode to me for each one, then you are a champion, i'll treat you with respect, give you a free bag and your transaction is done quicker, all in all you win
10. Thankyou for asking how I enjoy my job, you people make it seem more humane

HSC
Restaurant (steakhouse) rules:

1. Cake charge and corkage exist. I did not create them. Live with it.
2. Don't come in at 1am and ask for entrees and expect your waitress to be cheerful unless you give her a very generous tip.
3. Please Don't Steal The Fucking Steak Knives. (If you go to Ribs and Rumps, look at the bottom of the first page of the menu and you'll see PDSTFSK. It's there for a reason)

HSC
Oh and dont give me your fucking Black Stump coupons. WE ARE NOT BLACK STUMP. YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR MEAL FOR FREE.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Open your eyes. Most of your questions can be answered if you look.

HSC
sped_kid01 said:
CINEMAS:

- dont pretend not to remember which movie you're going to see, when in fact you already know, but still feel the need to poke your friend and ask him/her
i agree with everything you said, but especially these two. there's nothing i hate more than doing a cinema check and there's two teenagers totally all over each other, and then i come back half an hour later and they're STILL going at it, with everyone around them looking really uncomfortable.

and people who pretend not to know what movie they're going to go see - it makes you look like a tool. or people who just stick money on the counter and give you a blank look. sure, i know what movie you want to see and if you're an adult/student/concession etc. and make sure you can pronounce what you're going to see - it's not the pacific-er, its the pacifier. a bit of fucking articulation goes a long way.

Last edited:

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
_muse_ said:
i have another one...
- DONT make some stupid joke about "Oh HAHAHAHAHA You've got the 'magic touch'" when u cant get your card to work and i can.. its common sense to read the instructions on the eftpos machine and actually swipe the card like it says........instead of holding the card in the one place and expecting it to read it.

- if your card works in the atm and not in our machine.....DONT BLAME ME... Its not my fault your card is mangled and feels like sandpaper because u have tried to stickytape it up so many times and then dropped it in the dirt. I have no sympathy for you.
Yeah lol, and I think its so funny when customers come and they have signed the strip on the back that the mashine reads, they are so stupid!!! :uhhuh:

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
TurboTom said:
FRESH FISH ANS FISH AND CHIP SHOP

1. dont ask me what is in a dimsim or i will actually tell you. then after ive told you dont act like i make the fucking things.

2. dont come into the shop and ask me for a fish that has fins ALL FISH HAVE FUCKING FINS

3. dont order a fuck load of shit then ask me if you can pay on card... i would have thought the 82634648 signs around the shop that say NO EFTPOS AVAILABLE would have given you the idea that you infact cannot pay on card

4. do not think your funny by ordering a piece of puffer fish. yes i know its poisonous and yes ive heard that joke before you twat

5. do not ever click at me and call me boy. i wll plunge your head in the deep fryer if you do

6. do not think that just because you eat at maccas everyday you will get your food in under 3 mins. your an obeses fuck anyway get out of my shop

7. in general do not come into the shop, i still get paid even if no one comes in!

Lol, my parents own a fish and chip shop and it pisses me off so much when the customer rings up to order fish and asks you what size it is over the phone, i mean unless you have a magical phone in which you can see me then come into the shop you lazy prick. :chainsaw:

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
Sabbo said:
Target

I have to say the majority of peole who come up to the sound desk are very nice but there are still 3 rules (i can think of at the moment):

The almighty one: Do not ask if we can locate items on the computer.

1) There is no computer in Soundbar
2) Even if i was to walk to the Manager's Office and log onto the system (which can take VERY long) it won't tell me WHERE the item is located. It could be out the back, in refunds, layby, or in some random spot on the shelves where it doesn't belong...in short...don't bother.

The second (as already mentioned before); don't talk on your mobile while I'm serving you

The third (assuming all stores have the same setup as mine): Don't queue on the BACK of the counter for purchases. The registers are located on one side of the counter for a reason...GREAT you're paying credit but I still need you to press OK to verify the transaction.
Lol, yeah, I work in home entertainment and when customers come up and ask me to look on the computer and i tell them we dont havea computer they roll there eyes at me and ask me what kind of place this is. GRRRR

shortie_689

HSC
Retail...
1. WEAR UNDERWEAR when trying on clothes...
2. Ask me politely if I'll fold and put your clothes away yes I may look bored but I'd much rather be standing here doing nothing and watching you struggle with the coat hanger...
3. Dont ask me how to wash and care for your clothes do I look like I am an expert on fabric control...
4. Dont ask for more sizes when you can clearly see there is nothing else there...
5. Dont drop the clothes on the floor I have to pick them up
6. When I tell you we are closed don't proceed to go and try on every single jacket we have in the shop...
7. DO NOT ask for a discount when there is a stray thread...

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
modelzsuck said:
Lol, yeah, I work in home entertainment and when customers come up and ask me to look on the computer and i tell them we dont havea computer they roll there eyes at me and ask me what kind of place this is. GRRRR
kylie!!! theres a computer out the back like 10m away!!

guess what.. i worked in home ent tonight for like 2 hours cause they didnt roster anyone on. I had no fuckin idea what i was doin.. i think Pauline was getting pissed off cause i kept asking her questions when customers came up to me hahahaha i found it hilarious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)