• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (3 Viewers)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Re: The MQ weightloss/marks gain Support Thread!

clairegirl said:
I feel SOOOOOO much better than I used to and I can't fathom anymore what life used to be like before training sessions, if I don't work out for longer than 2 days I start getting this itch to just up and leave and goto the gym and usually I give in and do.

I think I'm at that stage where I really really enjoy it and I look forward to it and omg if excercise was a guy i would screw it and make sweet love to it everyday and twice on sundays- IT'S THAT GOOD! YOU HAVE TRY IT! It's even better than chocolate! *drooool* I'm also at the point where I frown at my planner on days I know I won't be able to fit a gym visit in. I can't picture a lifestyle without a gym membership it would be too hard!

!
Ooooh I can remember what this feels like!! It wasn't long ago that I was gym-obsessed!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC

i had a feeling that post was in response to something i posted. i forgot about that part of the thread! it was very motivational, i should read over it again in the holidays! wow, it was written in may... so recently but so long ago, funny how time flies and nothing but quite a lot happens at the same time.

glitterfairy said:
Do any other MQ girls want to form a little "We're going to loose weight AND pass our exams!" club? I know it'd be good for me to go back to stretching/strengthening every night (ha, if this "no effing way I'm giving up even half a kilo!" body of mine wants to loose some weight, that would be so cool). And the mother of chocolate knows how badly I need to get a move on with my assessments :p
i also stumbled across the birth of this thread :p

anyway clairegirl i think you've had so many parties and so much good food that it's understandable that you have put on weight. As for gaining focus, it's so close to the end of uni and end of exams that soon you should have more time to devote to the gym. so there are probably only a few weeks to worry about before you can really try to focus again. working hours will probably increase but some of that is exercise anyway.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

iambored said:
i had a feeling that post was in response to something i posted. i forgot about that part of the thread! it was very motivational, i should read over it again in the holidays! wow, it was written in may... so recently but so long ago, funny how time flies and nothing but quite a lot happens at the same time.

i also stumbled across the birth of this thread :p

anyway clairegirl i think you've had so many parties and so much good food that it's understandable that you have put on weight. As for gaining focus, it's so close to the end of uni and end of exams that soon you should have more time to devote to the gym. so there are probably only a few weeks to worry about before you can really try to focus again. working hours will probably increase but some of that is exercise anyway.
iab your gorgeous!

i am motivated once more :D... we should do this all the time, everytime ALL of us are lacking somewhat in actions in the excercise/diet/study department.

we should all find a post that motives us, just as a reminder :)

lengy

HSC

I've been in hiding, been sleeping during the day, and lost a bit of weight. Started eating a bit more and now above 60 kilograms again.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

wow how much do u weigh normally?

if you don't mind me asking whats your height?

HSC
N/A

lengy's not that much taller than I am, from memory. Hyper-light build, too! that could be wishful thinking though. In my mind's eye, I'm always taller than I seem to be when compared to other people in real life :( Alas!

Oh, and I woke up REALLY tired this morning. Even though I went to bed last night at 8:30 (was so exhausted). Could this be because I gave blood/iron levels plummetted?

Lynny still has minor aspirations to be a cat, but has forgotten what day it is.. must go seek past posts and check after posting this up... (day 10)

Breakfast: I think I looked in the fridge, and went "bah". It was one of those days. Grrr I need to buy sustagen! (that's the third time this month I've said that)
Lunch: some salmon and tuna sushi
Afternoon tea: some bolognese (yeah, just straight because I suck but was really hungry :()
Dinner: Two slices of haiwaiian pizza and some garlic bread

Study: Currently working on my cul202 story. I'd like to get a working draft done tonight, halfway though. Have motivation issues :p
Exercise: Taught for two hours today. I WAS SO HARDCORE TODAY! :D I forced both my classes to finish their routines. I kinda feel bad for my second class, because I really was a bit harsh on them, but hey. It's good for their souls :p Also did this cardio thing at physio. Got me all puffed!! lol

Singing: Did a bit today, didn't practice my song though :/
Stretching: none
Strengthening: none

Meow Meter: 0.5/10

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

I had pizza today too lyn!! :p but i made it myself

in order
breakfast: omellette
breakfast2: fish soup
excercise: 550 calories burned on the cross trainer
lunch: 2 multigrain sandwiches turned pizza... tomato sauce, slice of cheese on both, with cucumber, tomato and chicken toasted in the oven
dinner: punnet of strawberries :s (heaps i know!) and low fat yoghurt
dinner2: 2 multigrain sandwich slices turned pizza... same stuff except no tomato and devon instead of chicken

again too much food

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Yeah, who needs weight when I can look stoned/fucked/drugged/out of it naturally!
I mean, what were we talking about again?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

- its easy for people who don't have a weight problem to say that

weight is one of the indicators of how healthy a person is.. as well as body fat percentage/muscle mass/clothes sizes etc

.. i at least want to get within my healthy weight range.. until then it is about excercise regime and the amount of calories/carbs i eat

I'm not being as strict with it as before though which is probably why i haevn't lost anything since my birthday.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC

yeh i think a lot about my reaction to food when i eat. like yesterday i was all happy and awake and then i ate pasta and got a headache and fell asleep and woke up with a bigger headache and cravings for lollies so i ate cruskits. i can't believe i fell asleep at work again lol.

HSC
N/A

Whilst I do agree that it's more important to focus on being healthy rather than loosing weight, I think there are some important things to consider:

a) guys have a naturally better metabolism than girls do, largely due to their higher muscle/lower body fat content. Rarely will a guy pig out and then really feel/see it the following morning, whereas this happens to girls pretty often.

b) it's not a crime to want to loose weight for health reasons. Lower body fat is good for all sorts of things... better metabolism, and yeah, basically everything Anne mentioned. I think that if you approach it sensibly and for the right reasons (ie something YOU want to improve the quality of your life overall, rather than feeling you need to because you're fat/"being thin will make me popular"/"if I loose weight it'll make my life perfect"/"I hate myself and need to punish myself with a strict diet" etc etc)

c) there's a lot more pressure, both media-induced and peer pressure induced, for girls to be thin. A lot of the girls I've talked to will all admit they don't care too much about a guy's weight ("oh you're a boy, it doesn't matter") but if they're a girl? Different story. "bigger girls" have 'better personalities', whilst the thinner ones get 'pretty/beautiful' etc. Girls are emotional (and somewhat constantly insecure) creatures, and it's so easy to assume that when something doesn't work out right, it's because you're not good enough --> not pretty enough --> not thin enough. Oh and just so it doesn't sound like I'm pulling this out of the air, I think along these 'insane' lines myself from time to time. So yeah. It happens :p

I think that the regular posters in this thread (only ones I can remember muchly, sorry to everyone else!) is going well so far, both in terms of wanting to lose weight for the right reasons and going about it the right way.

Lynny knows she's supposed to want to be a cat but there's this (new/temporary) four-legged teddy bear who obviously failed Retriever School who is distracting her...!!!! - Day 11

Breakfast: skipped I think (was rushing to flamenco, again!! lol)
Lunch: Ham and Cheese Bagel, yum!!
Dinner: steak and mashed potatoes
snacks: fantails! (mum bought heaps for trick-or-treaters, but we didn't get any! ahaha)

Study: Well, I was planning to finish my cul202 story. Then I got distracted by the 8-month-old golden retriever puppy we're currently puppy sitting. And yeah. That went on from the time I got home till like, now :p
Exercise: 2 hours of flamenco. Am learning a killer new routine that is fun, but also amazingly fast and furious (variations/extension of Fandangos?). It's nuts, and I love it! Got a lovely adjudicator's report from the exam I did recently, and also got asked by my teacher whether I'd be interested in performing with the Performance Troupe (they do weddings and various private functions). Oh YEAH!

Singing: none...
Stretching: none... ok this isn't looking so good?
Strengthening: none... yup, definately not a good day

Meow Meter: 0.5/10

Last edited:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC

yes.... i agree with everything glitterfairy said
but i don't want to be thin anymore. im (finally) proud of my weight... at least i'm not fat, just ermm.. very curvy? lol. and i don't have a gut in the morning anymore woooo (but after i eat.. its grows heaps =|) if i were thinner i'd probably look like a little kid. and even if i were thinner, i'd still be wide cuz i gots sooper dooper broadness at the top. but i rreeeeaally don't want to gain weight... and im finding that hard cuz i eat so friggen much!

anyhooz, i hadn't done this since last exam period, but i stayed home to study all day today and ended up getting nothing done cuz once again, went to the kitchen to pick on food every 5 mins and fell asleep. i ate a lotttt... so yahhh... i just did ermm... 5.125 miles on the treadmill which is 8.25km and my heels hurt like crazy! how do you stretch ur heels?? lol. i'm gonna do another 2.5miles tomorrow and go swimming tomorrow morning =D

HSC
N/A

Do you mean the area just behind your heels (achilles tendon)?

If you have tight calf muscles, running or cycling tenses them up like crazy (calves are attached to achilles). Stretch them out by putting one leg behind the other (say 1/2 a metre) and bend front leg, keeping both heels PARALLEL and on floor :)

If you have stairs handy, hanging your heels off those is fun too :) tip: don't bounce! Just hold the stretch for 30 seconds.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC

but nah i mean my actual heels. actually, i probably just need new shoes lol cuz it just feels like they hit the treadmill to hard and my shoes are cross trainers not running shoes. and my ankles go all twisty. i guess i run funny and im gonna get duck feet :S

so far today, i swam for 1.5hrs (lots of breaks in between cuz im crap lol) and i've eaten 2 pcs of toast, soy milk and 1.5 weet bix. and my mums gonna buy pizza for lunch. uh ohh. i'll have a vego classic crust :)

HSC
N/A

^ You might just need orthotics, actually. When weight isn't distributed evenly (maybe 'in the right way' is a better term though, since it may not actually be about 'balance) a large amount of pressure can be placed in certain areas of the foot - one of these is the outside? half of the heel.

That being said my bro gets sore heels all the time too, but he's an idiot and likes to play tennis BAREFOOT. idiot! :p Then again I like to run on the treadmill in bare feet too (and I have pretty flat feet), so I guess I can't say much :p

HSC
N/A

lol

I post up what I eat/exercise/study because I know that if I don't, I just loose track and improvement never happens :)

Lynny is trying to rename the puppy from 'Nina' to 'Moet'. It might work more if the puppy knew basic commands like 'come', but oh well :p - Day 12

and the exam diet (or lack thereof) has begun! As has the procrastination. I cleaned out my fishtank (it's almost 40L, so... it's pretty massive!!!!) today and everything...

Breakfast: two slices of pizza I think
Lunch: A hot dog with cheese, and one piece of KFC chicken + a teensy serving of potato and fravy
Snacks: Fantails...
Dinner: Steak + broccoli (OMG A VEGETABLE!!! HELLO LITTLE VEGETABLE!!!) + potatoes (I think mum chopped them up, put a little olive oil on them and stirred them in a pan for a bit, very nice...)
Supper: Half a hot dog

Study: Read the cul207 reading my assessment paper will be based on. Currently working on cul202 story (5/8 through), hoping to get full draft done by tonight... even if crap draft
Exercise: None :/

Singing: none... like, I would, but my brother HATES me singing, so I never do it when he's around (like on a sunday)
Stretching: none...
Strengthening: none... yeah not looking too good :/

Meow Meter: 0/10

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

sorry didn't post yesterday

saturday
breakfast: bok choy and chicken with soup
lunch: multigrain sandwich with chicken/tomato/cheese/
lunc2: half a multigrain sandwich the same as above
dinner: i went to a 21st party so i had heaps of chicken crispy entree's with dip, cheese sticks and my main meal was fried chicken with mash potato, gravy, garlic bread celery sticks, ....... it was at chillis... and then we went into the city so alcahol... lets not go there

sunday
breakfast: 2 weetbix
lunch: multigrain sandwich with just cheese, low fat yoghurt, a bunch of mnm's from a friend
dinner: scrambled eggs (steamed) with eggplant and fried fish stuff :\

lol

excercise: errm does bowling and shopping count?

study: hrrm none this weekend... busy weekend im going to uni tomorow though :)

HSC
N/A

oh YEAH

I've hit 1600-something words out of the 2000 I need for my story. It's a crap, crap, sparse draft, but it's a workable skeleton. It took me all day to write 600 words...!!!!

I shall refine tomorrow. I believe I'm also supposed to be getting frame together for my cul207 essay as well... ouch. Note to self - cancel early morning physio on tuesday so you can work on essay instead!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC

i now know how to study!! break your modem :p rofl. it worked until today, when i felt so out of touch with everything (needed to check if had emails from lecturers etc). it's good for your sleeping times too. but it was quite boring being at home. and i had to do everything the old way - check the paper yellow pages, procrastinate with music, not have access to 1000 things i wanted to check out.

HSC
N/A

YAY CUL202 IS ALMOST DONE

I have been going nuts over this for far too long (at the expense of cul207:( )

oh I'm so glad it's almost over though, just fine tuning now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)