• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Why I believe in God but have no Religion (1 Viewer)

Blissed

HSC
N/A
I've read many arguments about whether or not God exists, and this is my point of view. I think God exists because he has to. Science will advance, and it will advance so much but there will always be this gap, a gap which no one can answer. This gap is referred to as God. Let me explain this to you mathematically, suppose scientific advancement is numbers. You advance from 1 to 2 to 3 to 1000 to 1000000 but will science ever make it to infinity? Infinity is referred to as God. Better still, imagine space. Is there an end to space? No. Space can go on forever with millions if not billions of other solar systems. But what is beyond space is referred to as God. Let's ignore the ever so huge space now and look at something ever so small. To us, so far, we have particles of protons and electrons. I do not know if science can ever prove something smaller than an electron but even if they do what is beyond that or the starter of that is God. I can go on and on with examples proving that these missing links at the beginning/end are God. This is why some religions refer to God as "The beginning" and "The end".

God can be in any shape or form, solid, liquid, gas or any other form not known to our scientific world so far, but he does exist. He can be a live being or just a ball of energy, we do not know but that being itself is referred to as God. All known previous civilizations worshipped God/Gods and today we have the leftovers of the past hence: Islam/Christianity/Judaism/Hinduism/Buddhism etc... Each religion has a different theory on which God really is God, and each religion claims that they can prove it. Different theories about who could God possibly be developed over the past million or so years. Some say that God sent us a messenger; others say that God sent us his Son. Yet some religions say that God himself came to Earth. How are we supposed to know who God really is? I don't want to take the word of a person who died thousands of years ago. This is why I have no religion.

Please, this is not an anti-religion or specifically anti-islamic post. This is just a matter of personal opinion to be discussed based on logical thinking.

==GUMBY==

HSC
I've read many arguments about whether or not God exists, and this is my point of view. I think God exists because he has to. Science will advance, and it will advance so much but there will always be this gap, a gap which no one can answer. This gap is referred to as God. Let me explain this to you mathematically, suppose scientific advancement is numbers. You advance from 1 to 2 to 3 to 1000 to 1000000 but will science ever make it to infinity? Infinity is referred to as God. Better still, imagine space. Is there an end to space? No. Space can go on forever with millions if not billions of other solar systems. But what is beyond space is referred to as God. Let's ignore the ever so huge space now and look at something ever so small. To us, so far, we have particles of protons and electrons. I do not know if science can ever prove something smaller than an electron but even if they do what is beyond that or the starter of that is God.
You referring to apologetic theories, do a search and enlighten yourself further youngin’.

I can go on and on with examples proving that these missing links at the beginning/end are God. This is why some religions refer to God as "The beginning" and "The end".
You missed the inadequate answers to the random chance of abiogenesis and evolution, but nonetheless, point taken.

God can be in any shape or form, solid, liquid, gas or any other form not known to our scientific world so far, but he does exist. He can be a live being or just a ball of energy, we do not know but that being itself is referred to as God.
Fair enough.

All known previous civilizations worshipped God/Gods
Wrong.

and today we have the leftovers of the past hence: Islam/Christianity/Judaism/Hinduism/
Very well then.

Buddhism etc...
Educate yourself, madam

Each religion has a different theory on which God really is God, and each religion claims that they can prove it.
I want to beat you on the head with a bag of oranges, and salvage your organs for a wealthy profit on the black market. Christianity and most probably many of the other religions you identified rely mostly on FAITH, not facts. You must research theology before you make invalid generalizations about it.

Different theories about who could God possibly be developed over the past million or so years. Some say that God sent us a messenger; others say that God sent us his Son. Yet some religions say that God himself came to Earth. How are we supposed to know who God really is? I don't want to take the word of a person who died thousands of years ago. This is why I have no religion.
A bold statements, but a fair one. You have earned a considerable amount of respect form me, not much, but just enough to not be beaten on the head with oranges as proposed earlier.

Please, this is not an anti-religion or specifically anti-islamic post. This is just a matter of personal opinion to be discussed based on logical thinking.
Personal Note:

-This is not an anti-religion thread
-Freemason special interest groups and Zionist thinktanks rule the world through corruption and lies
-Purchase more cat food and pop tarts on the weekend.

HSC
infinity is not refered to as god.. God is refered to as the creator of all, from negative infinity TO positive infinity, ie. everything in between.

I believe that there is a god, but humans over the centuries in every religion have added a whole pile of crap to it and altered things aroung etc.

Blissed

HSC
N/A
I understand the Buddhism is not a religion, but a way of thinking but it's still a leftover.

I want to beat you on the head with a bag of oranges, and salvage your organs for a wealthy profit on the black market. Christianity and most probably many of the other religions you identified rely mostly on FAITH, not facts. You must research theology before you make invalid generalizations about it.
Actually, there are some facts to it too (speaking in tounges etc..) but I don't want to discuss them at the moment because I dont want this to turn into a inter-religious debate. I can write you a whole list of facts from the top of my head and PM it to you if you so cared.

Blissed

HSC
N/A
I believe that there is a god, but humans over the centuries in every religion have added a whole pile of crap to it and altered things aroung etc.
Exactly my point.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
i would agree, i think religion has far too many man-made constructs to be true for me.

i may be the most loving and accepting person you'll meet, and i feel that a lot of religious constructs are too man-made that they cause misunderstandings or prejudices if not interpreted correctly, such as values to do with women, homosexuality etc.
the past is evident of this.

i believe in God, and Jesus, but i don't believe in the Bible in some concepts, and the concept of having one in general, the word loses integrity, and can only gain integrity by selectively reading. But I won't go into that.

I love everyone in their truest possible form (ie when all the masks fall and act human) and I feel more Christian than most fundamentalists that condemn me for my disbelief with the religion itself.

I feel that if there really was a God, and yes I have been atheist once, but it can apply... if there WAS a God, and he was really wonderful, he would be based on love, not "don't do this or that". I sound like a hippy, but if I were God, I'd encourage people to start looking around, instead of looking up.

Blissed

HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
I'm reading a book atm called Jesus Conspiracies. It has good points, you should read it Blissed.
Yea thanks miss.

==GUMBY==

HSC
Blissed said:
I understand the Buddhism is not a religion, but a way of thinking but it's still a leftover.

Actually, there are some facts to it too (speaking in tounges etc..) but I don't want to discuss them at the moment because I dont want this to turn into a inter-religious debate. I can write you a whole list of facts from the top of my head and PM it to you if you so cared.
It would be a preference of mine for you to post your “facts” on the open board for the benefit of spiritual enlightenment of other board members.
As for the “anti-religion” stigma that might follow it- don’t let it worry you, for this is just the “internet”, only people who love the cock could be offended by virtual messages.

NOTE: With regards to facts, I am specifically referring to the existence of God and with regards to religions attempting to prove the existence of the super natural, which I can not stress is not part of or vital to Christianity, or most other religions as they rely on FAITH.

Last edited:

malkin86

HSC
you may also find www.religioustolerance.org interesting...

I think there are two broad trends operating in our society atm...
*the first is the turn to organised religions (Hillsong in particular) due to the uncertainness of the war, etc.
*the second is the turn away from organised religions due to a percieved rigidity/cruft/'additions', towards 'DIY spirituality'.. not sure what the proper term for that is, sorry.
They're seemingly opposite, but I reckon they're both operating in our society today.. what do youse think?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i would have to say that out of all the people who belive in god, i respect people like you the most. This is becuase you can see beyond the silly idea of god creating rules for humans , and people claiming they are god and making more riles that go into a book that people have to follow or they will go to a place called hell etc etc.

Its one thing to believe in god when you think about the universe and its inifinite size of it or the idea of time and the infinate age of the universe.

and another thing to believe that god , made rules for humans and gave them a book to follow and answers preyers etc etc. all the christians and muslims fall into the category.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
miss_gtr said:
im on the same belief as blissed. ive come to terms recently that there is a god, simply because i know he exists, no matter wat science may say
I believe gravity acts upwards and there's no amount of scientific evidence that will cause me to believe otherwise.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Blissed said:
All known previous civilizations worshipped God/Gods and today we have the leftovers of the past hence: Islam/Christianity/Judaism/Hinduism/Buddhism etc... Each religion has a different theory on which God really is God, and each religion claims that they can prove it. .
Um, Buddhists don't believe in or worship any form of God.

Comrade nathan

HSC
Is there an end to space? No. Space can go on forever with millions if not billions of other solar systems.
I thought space is limited, but is slowly expanding. Maybe someone more educated in this field would clear it up.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Comrade nathan said:
I thought space is limited, but is slowly expanding. Maybe someone more educated in this field would clear it up.
My understanding is that there is no physical boundary as such, and any real boundary is merely determined by the extent of the spread of matter and energy.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
I beleive in god and have no religion either. Originally my background is of muslim faith. I respect all faiths, but I do not support them. I can't define what god is, but i assume that it is a creator, something that gives life to all, controls the movement or progress of the universe etc, there has to be a reason for all of what is happening and I do support that things happen for a purpose, ie, people don't predict that they will die, it just happens, because that's the world, as we all now know it, that is how the creator or god or whatever wanted it, that's how I see it.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
The proper word to describe miss gtr and blissed would, i believe, be called : deism

they believe in a God or supreme being, but dont have a religion.

they just believe in God (full stop)

Deism used to be subject to philosophical discussion in european universities during the reformation period, but later on it was adapted in various ways- with the americans developing their own distinct version to the french and other european models.

u can look it up on the internet.

im sure most diests are pretty tolerant people, but a lot of the websites i checked out are politically minded- actually taking up steps to undermine religious organisations which i find amusing. (u should read up on some of their activities- its not unique to them ; with some athiest, and anarchist organisations do the same thing too - its just a symptom of intolerance). Nevertheless, the diests ive come across so far are against those websites and are pretty cool- they're pretty much into science just that they believe in God.

mr EaZy

HSC
Comrade nathan said:
From an islamic perspective, Space (or this universe) is limited and God is expanding it (this is from the Quran).

Your use of the word "slowly" needs to be cleared up. When dealing with astronomical proportions like, the universe might be expanding at a billion solar systems a second but it seems pretty slow (?) from our perspective. i cant say if its slowly or rapidly expanding. And the Quran says that its expanding without anything more. its all relative basically.

im sure the scientific view is similar to what ive said.

mr EaZy

HSC
withoutaface said:
My understanding is that there is no physical boundary as such, and any real boundary is merely determined by the extent of the spread of matter and energy.

i agree with that description... which leads to the question what lies outside- i think its nothingness- no matter and stuff

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
Blissed said:
lol im surprised as to why you chose it to not be an anti-islamic post

and space is expanding into nothingness, since no one can actually say what it is expanding into.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)