• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Cronulla Beach Incident (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
sly fly said:
how do u know, and what exactly is supposed to happen?

text messages and rumours.

My mum works in bankstown and her work was going to have a christmas dinner thurs night in bankstown at a lebanese resturant. The police informed some of her co-workers that something is predicted to be happening thursday night (even though they didn't say in bankstown i don't think). So they changed their dinner to another location.

sly fly

HSC
Oh ok, yeah my bro got one of them text msgs on monday I think......but I think the msg was meant to be for monday night. Anyway, I hope everyone just apologises to eachother and all of this ends.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i got one as a fwd email sayin saturday, i fuckin deleted it after reading the first line, this shit is gay, just because of a few dumbasses thinkin they are in a 50 cent hollywood movie they are makin innocent people suffer, Australia was the one country where i thought things never went that far, but now they've started too, meh.....maybe i should move to a little town in a little island far far away where they don't have any tv and news and people bashing eachother and being racist and being facist and being gay.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
erawamai said:
So you have no problem with that view? (not mine) You would let it fly even though its is incorrect and is laced with negative racial stereotypes of white people?

Yeah why not. It's your opinion - I may or may not agree with it - but it's your interpretation of a factual event. Whats the point in caring what others think, it just results in what we've seen on the weekend.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
White Rabbit said:
Yeah why not. It's your opinion - I may or may not agree with it - but it's your interpretation of a factual event. Whats the point in caring what others think, it just results in what we've seen on the weekend.
Well it's not my opinion. It's a hypothetical one to make a point. I find your POV odd since I've seen you talk about preserving white culture, or something like that, in the past.

Also the riots on the weekend were not over what people think. More over actions that were motivated by what people think.

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
text messages and rumours.

My mum works in bankstown and her work was going to have a christmas dinner thurs night in bankstown at a lebanese resturant. The police informed some of her co-workers that something is predicted to be happening thursday night (even though they didn't say in bankstown i don't think). So they changed their dinner to another location.

Brighton and Nulla are booked for sunday night fights. I've had enough of it, throw all the troublemakers in gaol.

Your mum doesn't work at the Hospital does she? Know a few wards were having chrissy parties at resturants in Bankstown CBD.

sly fly

HSC
sparkl3z said:
i got one as a fwd email sayin saturday, i fuckin deleted it after reading the first line, this shit is gay, just because of a few dumbasses thinkin they are in a 50 cent hollywood movie they are makin innocent people suffer, Australia was the one country where i thought things never went that far, but now they've started too, meh.....maybe i should move to a little town in a little island far far away where they don't have any tv and news and people bashing eachother and being racist and being facist and being gay.
Yeah I got this email.....

Sydney: The Venue for the 21st century Apartheid?

..please pass it round

This is a short message to all those who are and will be involved in the vicious riots that have taken place as a result of the racial war at Cronulla beach. How do you know whether it affects you? If you are Anglo-Saxon, if you are Ethnic, or if you live in Sydney. So basically it affects us all.

This war is incited by none except uneducated or illogical human beings who let their emotions take the place of their intellect.

Is there a racial hatred between Anglo-Saxons and Ethnics? I can only speak for myself, but what I can say is that until now the hatred has probably remained covert, but now it has become very apparently clear. But can we infer this to all of Sydney's residents? Definitely not! We know for a fact that Australia is an extremely tolerant country which has welcomed people from all corners of the world into its lands.

The culprits are only a minority and bunch of thugs, but unfortunately the actions of this minority will affect us all and will perhaps shape us in the future.

So what must we do in response? Should we retaliate in the same brutal way?
As we established earlier, this has affected us all. People may encourage us to decide to choose which side we want to be a part of. I say okay, take part in a group, and let that group be that of righteousness. Whether you are Australian, Lebanese, English, Greek, whatever you are, don't let your background and nationality decide for which group you should be a part of. That would just be stupid and equivalent to the animals' way of survival of the fittest. ..Which will ultimately result in innocent bloodshed.

The Holy Prophet Muhammad has warned the Muslims:
He who calls to tribalism is not one of us, nor is he who fought for it, nor is he who died for it
Furthermore, he, peace be upon him has stated:
For man is from Adam, and that there is no supremacy of an Arab over a non-Arab and no supremacy of a black man over a white man except in piety

In addition, Imam Ali (as) has said:
People are of two kinds. They are either your brother in faith or your equal in humanity.

..and don't fool yourselves, these stupid riots are only as a result of tribalism, nationalism, etc. Who cares that you are Leb or Aussie, be proud fine, but don't let it rule over you. Be steadfast in the way of truth and justice. Don't think you're brave by causing fear and violence by 'punching on', learn bravery from the family of the Prophet who were the epitome of bravery and cavalry, but simultaneously, they were living examples of justice, wisdom, piety, humbleness and truth.

The Holy Qur'an has stated:
Be good to your parents and relatives and to orphans and the very poor, and to neighbours who are related to you and neighbours who are not related to you, and to companions and travellers and your slaves. God does not love anyone vain or boastful (4:36).
Help one another in benevolence and piety. Do not help each other to wrongdoing and enmity. And fear God. God is severe in retribution (5:2).
O You who believe! Be upholders of justice, bearing witness for God alone, even against yourselves or your parents and relatives (4:135).

So be patient my dear respected brothers and sisters. Don't partake in these stupid riots. Condemn the actions of the wrong. Defend yourselves in truth and justice, not for nationalism. Enjoin the good. Forbid the evil. If you found yourself in an uneasy situation, use your wisdom, not your fists. The holy Prophet said 'the real man is the one who overcomes his carnal desires'. Imam Ali said 'the real man is not the one who wrestles lions, but the one who wrestles his tongue'. Be cautious. Be smart. Stand for truth and justice. Believe it but it is only the innocent who will suffer.

God forbid if the situation will become any worse than it already is, let wisdom encompass your actions.

May God's peace, mercy and blessings be upon you.
Mohammed Hamid Attai

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
erawamai said:
Well it's not my opinion. It's a hypothetical one to make a point. I find your POV odd since I've seen you talk about preserving white culture, or something like that, in the past.

Also the riots on the weekend were not over what people think. More over actions that were motivated by what people think.

Didn't mean to say it's your opinion, but even as a hypothetical it's just an opinion. I really just couldn't care anymore, it's not worth me effort and time. As for preserving anglo aussie culture - it's to preserve it for me and me family and what I percive as our culture. I don't expect anyone else to adopt what I feel is my culture but I don't want others saying it's invaild. Racism of any sort and saying another persons culture is invaild is completly unacceptable in my opinion. But your hypothetical does not offend me in the slightest.

The riots on the weekend were over racism in all direction - and residents sick of those breaking the law.

millymoo

HSC
yeah my mums told me that shes heard about a text message circulating that basically says that something is going down tommorow at bankstown square(centro?) shopping centre....... she doesnt want my brother to go to work... we are lebanese christians but do not want to be caught up in this poop

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
White Rabbit said:
Didn't mean to say it's your opinion, but even as a hypothetical it's just an opinion. I really just couldn't care anymore, it's not worth me effort and time. As for preserving anglo aussie culture - it's to preserve it for me and me family and what I percive as our culture. I don't expect anyone else to adopt what I feel is my culture but I don't want others saying it's invaild. Racism of any sort and saying another persons culture is invaild is completly unacceptable in my opinion. But your hypothetical does not offend me in the slightest.
Doesn't that validate those extreme muslim clerics who suggested that muslims not integrate and preserve their culture?

If that is the result, that you are going to preserve anglo culture, then isn't that similar to those certain ethic groups which you once accused of not wanting to mix? It's pretty sad, I assume, that you would never consider mixing your family with non white people in order to preserve 'anglo aussie culture' as you put it.

-------------
Be careful there. Racism and not liking a culture are very different things.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Definately not, from what I've read, other than cultural arguments etc which have in my mind been soundly defeated, there is a difference between the intelligence of whites and east asians.... generally it goes like this

East Asians---Whites---Other Asians---Blacks---Australian Aboriginies....

Paraphrased from wiki :p

X

xeuyrawp

Not-That-Bright said:
Definately not, from what I've read, other than cultural arguments etc which have in my mind been soundly defeated, there is a difference between the intelligence* of whites and east asians.... generally it goes like this

East Asians---Whites---Other Asians---Blacks---Australian Aboriginies....

Paraphrased from wiki :p
* Our version of intelligence.

millymoo

HSC
apparently all the muslims are going there in droves tommrow( i expect thursday night shopping time) and protecting their 'turf'.... i expect they may hurt ppl who dont look ethnic...

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
erawamai said:
Doesn't that validate those extreme muslim clerics who suggested that muslims not integrate and preserve their culture?

If that is the result, that you are going to preserve anglo culture, then isn't that similar to those certain ethic groups which you once accused of not wanting to mix? It's pretty sad, I assume, that you would never consider mixing your family with non white people in order to preserve 'anglo aussie culture' as you put it.

-------------
Be careful there. Racism and not liking a culture are very different things.

If thats the way you wish to interpret my views then go for it. Pretty much, I don't care - like I said, it's not worth the effort and pain. I don't feel the need to explain myself to anyone anymore.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
millymoo said:
apparently all the muslims are going there in droves tommrow( i expect thursday night shopping time) and protecting their 'turf'.... i expect they may hurt ppl who dont look ethnic...

glad I'm not working then. I expect if this is planned, they'll do more than 'hurt'.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
White Rabbit said:
If thats the way you wish to interpret my views then go for it. Pretty much, I don't care - like I said, it's not worth the effort and pain. I don't feel the need to explain myself to anyone anymore.
My point is what is your interpretation of what you are thinking and doing?

Since you have suddenly racially apathetic what are you doing in this thread?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
erawamai said:
My point is what is your interpretation of what you are thinking and doing?

Since you have suddenly racially apathetic what are you doing in this thread?

Well, I would like to know what days I should be locking myself indoors esspecially given the area I live and work in.

My point is I have my views and my actions are dictated by these views, however I really don't feel the need to explain and justify them. Given where I work and what I work as, I can't be too racist, can I? If I was, I'd be fired or beaten up or both. I'm not as closed minded or racist as you'd belive I'd imagine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)