• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Cronulla Beach Incident (2 Viewers)

otay

HSC
otay said:
"As time goes by, an eye for an eye
We in this together son your beef is mine
So long as the sun shines to light up the sky
We in this together son your beef is mine"

Mobb Deep's "An Eye For An Eye" (great song still)

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Gandhi
I quoted it early with the Mobb Deep song above to highlight a point hiphop brought up last night on 2gb about how hip hop is the "fad" and many of these lebanese youth seem to be taking hip hop lyrics literally as if they grew up in Queens or sumthing. Nothing wrong with liking hip hop, but there is a problem when you believe the lyrics pertain to you coz of ur oh so hard childhood.

Generator

HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
did you even read what you quoted??? im sure you must have missed where i said "reduce the numbers going"
You said that it was too late to stop anything. Merely trying to reduce the numbers is nothing more than a pathetic sop to the fools trying to make a point in a manner that is beyond inappropriate. I stand by my initial reaction.

Edit: At times my responses have been far too harsh and dismissive, and there has been absolutely no need for such an approach. Though I still stand by the points that my posts tend to make, I do apologise for expressing myself in such an adversarial manner. There has been no need for it.

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ive got a new way to stop people rioting

if you are indentified as a rioter, manditory sentence is penis severance
you are a leb smashing shit up? you get your penis cut off... kthxbi

lets see how many want to run apeshit now HAHAHA

otay

HSC
Serius said:
ive got a new way to stop people rioting

if you are indentified as a rioter, manditory sentence is penis severance
you are a leb smashing shit up? you get your penis cut off... kthxbi

lets see how many want to run apeshit now HAHAHA
best. idea. ever.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
veterandoggy said:
ill first talk about the church hall that was burnt down: hasnt it occured to anyone that it could be an insurance job; a person wanting to hurt the islanders that go there and has taken advantage of the current events; or an outside group doing it to stir up the tension between the two "races" if you may call it that.

....what? a church was shot at a few days before this church hall was burnt down, it is pretty safe to say that these incidents are related to the riots.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
just got hope. update me on the latest any more gang wars?

anyone calling up 2gb?

any more fake rumours started by veterandoggy about a dead muslim girl, so people feel sympothetc?

otay

HSC
SashatheMan said:
Surfers say sorry, condemn violence
December 15, 2005
Sydney Morning Herald

CRONULLA surfers have apologised for their role in Sunday's race riots, saying they were ashamed by the violence and vowed not to allow a repeat.

Shire surfer Brad Whittaker released the written apology last night after two days of talks between senior members of the beach's surfing community and representatives of Sydney's Lebanese community.

The statement said the surfers unequivocally rejected any form of racism and was accompanied by apologies written by younger surfers who took part in the riots.

"The day began as a show of solidarity against the behaviour of ethnic gangs who have been harassing the public on our beaches over a period of several years," the statement said.

"It escalated out of control under the influence of right wing racists, from outside this community, and alcohol.

"As senior members of Cronulla's surfing community, we will be doing everything within our power to ensure there is no repeat of Sunday's violence and we would expect those of influence in the wider community, including the Islamic community, to do the same.

"The beach is for all to use and enjoy, with everyone showing respect and consideration for each other. Our sincere hope is that some good can come out of this unfortunate episode, with all groups within our society displaying more tolerance and greater willingness to engage each other as Australians."

NRL players Hazem El Masri and Jason Stevens yesterday joined forces to condemn last weekend's violence.

El Masri, the Bulldogs' goal-kicking superstar with a Lebanese background, has been coming to Cronulla with his family for 20 years.

"Both ends are in the wrong," he told the Ten network yesterday.

"It's a public beach, it's open for everybody, but by the same token you've got to respect others and respect yourself and that's the best way to go about it."

Stevens, a Cronulla local and ex-Shark, said:

"It's obviously hard seeing it, being in the place that you live and the place that you love."
Hopefully a positive sign.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
posted by someone on boxden:

Its funny how the media said it was 5000 whites, when there were asians & maoris down there on sunday too. The media are twisting things.
Lebs & other muslim gangs have been fu*king sh*t up in this country for too long. Aussies are just sick of their sh*t & this is the first time we have come together as 'one' & we are the racists? These lebs/muslims have gang raped girls, saying they deserve it because the are aussie. They go out in groups and bash people. This has been happening for years, so for those who think its just over the life guard bashings your wrong, that was just the last straw.

& now look what the muslims are doing. They burnt a christian church down, shot at another christain place where little kids were. Stabbed a guy in the back! Bashed the elderly with baseball bats. They burnt the australian flag aswell, which shows how much respect the have for the country that gave them a 2nd chance in life.

Anyone siding with the lebs/muslims are stupid or just don't know the real history behind this issue

*claps*

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
any siding with people like that guy on boxden is stupid. towards boxton poster and hiphop; not all muslims are terrorists you idiot, although i don't support that religion, go and meet a muslim that is harmless and only prays because they were brought up that way, and yes, there are some that are harmless, there are christians that are harmless too, stop trying to ignore the numbers of people that worship these religions, they are not all out there destroying things.

Last edited:

aaaman

Banned
HSC
i went to westfield hurstville today and there were no lebs? i was like..."ummm wats going on?" and there were cops inside the shopping centre, is something like that happening in miranda

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Some people are getting it, others are sticking to their usual shit.
Sparkles, i'm sorry but you are fucking stupid.... Please show me where the word 'terrorist' is used or implied?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
sparkl3z said:
any siding with people like that guy on boxden is stupid. towards boxton poster and hiphop; not all muslims are terrorists you idiot, .

*cries* I KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW fkn hell im so sick of explaininng myself i wish the word 'generalisation' never fkn existed this seriously saddens me sayign the same shit over and over again on 3 different forums but for some reason i cant help it my fingers hurt dammit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)