• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Cronulla Beach Incident (3 Viewers)

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
White Rabbit said:
Well, I would like to know what days I should be locking myself indoors esspecially given the area I live and work in.
Well I wouldn't really want to be walking around the beaches with the 'proud aussie's nor around the leb areas. I'm neither white enough for the 'aussies' to not pick on or ethic enough for the lebs to not bash me over the head.

white rabbit said:
My point is I have my views and my actions are dictated by these views, however I really don't feel the need to explain and justify them. Given where I work and what I work as, I can't be too racist, can I? If I was, I'd be fired or beaten up or both. I'm not as closed minded or racist as you'd belive I'd imagine.
You can be culturally and racially prejudice and not actually do anything about it or act on it. Heaps of people are like that. Dig deep enough and many many middle class suburban folk like to bag out anyone who is not white (I'm not suggesting that racism is exclusive to whites. Racism is common in other ethnic groups. However this doesn't justify racism at all). I know, I grew up in a 90% Anglo area like the Shire. Most of Australia is but they know its 'wrong' even though they feel it. In my work I come into contact with heaps of people in their homes. There is such an undercurrent of racial suspicion. 'This fan is made in India, I hope it works'...'These asian nurses are no good' blah blah...'All lebs are on the dole'

I Myself think, since I've read heaps of your posts, that you are just a little confused. You have given up on explaining your point of view. I mean in your last post you confused cultural and race. The general population out there still has a massive problem in differentiating between nationality, culture and race.

They are different things and exist independently of eachother. You don't have to be white to be Australia and embrace traditional 'aussie culture. You don't have to be white to play cricket, footy and speak 'strayian...you don't have to be white to play support Australia in everything that it does.

I'm sure you are not that redneck but some of your posts can be read very much in that way, Especially when you talk about anglo Australian culture, whether you realise it or not.

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Suspicion in Australia is concerned with all who are different, not just those of a different skin colour or ethnicity. The 'other' comes a myriad of forms, after all (all of which are to be feared, of course).

I'm sure that we are all wary around the 'other', it's just that the way in which we all deal with it varies substantially. With that in mind, here's to hoping that we all one day treat such encounters with the 'other' as being an opportunity, rather than as a problem to avoided. As corny (and overstated) as this may be, we are all human, after all.

Edit: I really should add that my hope is that such encounters take place in a secular and liberal society.

Last edited:

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
White Rabbit said:
Brighton and Nulla are booked for sunday night fights. I've had enough of it, throw all the troublemakers in gaol.

Your mum doesn't work at the Hospital does she? Know a few wards were having chrissy parties at resturants in Bankstown CBD.

yep the hospital

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
sly fly said:
Yeah I got this email.....

Sydney: The Venue for the 21st century Apartheid?
God forbid if the situation will become any worse than it already is, let wisdom encompass your actions.

May God's peace, mercy and blessings be upon you.
Mohammed Hamid Attai
(shortened it for the sake of our hurting eyes :))

i guess this was sent to muslims. its a shame, many people would learn from this message, even if they dont believe in muhammad as a prophet, but as an influential man. but i doubt many aussies who get this will forward this instead of one they might receive calling them to go to cronulla on sunday.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
erawamai said:
You can be culturally and racially prejudice and not actually do anything about it or act on it. Heaps of people are like that. Dig deep enough and many many middle class suburban folk like to bag out anyone who is not white (I'm not suggesting that racism is exclusive to whites. Racism is common in other ethnic groups. However this doesn't justify racism at all). I know, I grew up in a 90% Anglo area like the Shire. Most of Australia is but they know its 'wrong' even though they feel it. In my work I come into contact with heaps of people in their homes. There is such an undercurrent of racial suspicion. 'This fan is made in India, I hope it works'...'These asian nurses are no good' blah blah...'All lebs are on the dole'

yep thats exactly right and imo most of the aussies were/are like that, teen lebs (the stereotypical ones) are not like that, they act on their prejudices and that is why i condemn them more, alot of aussies are going to start acting now maybe since everyones just fkn sick of the lebos shit.

by aussies i mean anglo-australians, its just easier, and its a social construct so get over it whoever would have gone crying about generalising.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
sydney is not the venue for the 21st century apartheid lol

this was more about attitudes than race, it has TURNED into a race thing though, and the small proportion of aussies who are rednecks and the stereotypical lebanese teens have turned it into a 'war' about race, and the lebanese are further turning it into a war about religion (now before you say 'they always bag muslims, ask yourself, were they acting on their prejudices??????????????? no they weren't burning down mosques and shooting at them) but the Lebos fired at a church and seemingly burnt one down.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the childish lebos (when i say lebos u know what i mean) have made this biggest than it really has to be.

It could have been much more subtle if the lebos just stayed out of cronulla on sunday night.

If you know anyone who is in any way supporting the actions of 'the bad lebos' or 'the bad aussies' you should do what you can to educate them.

Last edited:

otay

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
It could have been much more subtle if the lebos just stayed out of cronulla on sunday night.
Agreed. It's this whole eye for an eye nature people have got. Fuckn dumbshits.

MasterP

Come to Daddy
HSC
Don't forget that they're all probably looking for a fight to begin with. Religion, "revenge" for the acts of a few people on Sunday - whatever reason they can pull out of their ass, it's all just an excuse to go fuck someone up.

Seriously. You don't go beating up random people squarely in acts of revenge. It doesn't make any sense. Same goes for whitey.

But I guess it's too late for that now.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I don't know if the LEbs or the Aussies on Sunday are dumber. It seems the protesters on Sunday thought of it as a day of fun and that it would be over. How they were wrong. They will regret that day for a long, long time.

danieljarvis

HSC
Komit said:
I don't know if the LEbs or the Aussies on Sunday are dumber. It seems the protesters on Sunday thought of it as a day of fun and that it would be over. How they were wrong. They will regret that day for a long, long time.
yeah, i know a few people who went there expecting to party on the piss with some sausages and a whole bunch of random new best mates. And that's what they did, when the crowd was running they didnt even know why but followed. And when people start singing the anthem you join in and they were having a great time. But then we all know what was happening at the front of the running crowds now. I'm not sure how honestly oblivious they were but i know that lots of people went there with no harmful intentions

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
but the Lebos fired at a church and seemingly burnt one down.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, the childish lebos (when i say lebos u know what i mean) have made this biggest than it really has to be.

If you know anyone who is in any way supporting the actions of 'the bad lebos' or 'the bad aussies' you should do what you can to educate them.
ill first talk about the church hall that was burnt down: hasnt it occured to anyone that it could be an insurance job; a person wanting to hurt the islanders that go there and has taken advantage of the current events; or an outside group doing it to stir up the tension between the two "races" if you may call it that.

i agree and emphasise the word childish...

its too late to stop anything that has already been arranged. what we have to do now is to either reduce the numbers going, and/or prevent more dates from being set.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
otay said:
Agreed. It's this whole eye for an eye nature people have got. Fuckn dumbshits.
"an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind".

cant remember who said it.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
yeah i figured it was ghandi or someone.

but those are EXACTLY MY SENTIMONIES!

if everyone keeps up this retribution shit, there will be no end to it.

Generator

HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
its too late to stop anything that has already been arranged. what we have to do now is to either reduce the numbers going, and/or prevent more dates from being set.
Yes, it's too late to try and stop one group of moronic fools from acting inappropriately. You're a fool, veterandoggy. Even if something 'cannot be stopped' as you claim, only an idiot would stand by and let it happen without a whimper in protest given that they are already focusing on what may come in the future.

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Definately not, from what I've read, other than cultural arguments etc which have in my mind been soundly defeated, there is a difference between the intelligence of whites and east asians.... generally it goes like this

East Asians---Whites---Other Asians---Blacks---Australian Aboriginies....

Paraphrased from wiki :p
you forgot ashkenazi jews at the top

omg IQ is a zionist conspiracy!!

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
HSC
Generator said:
Yes, it's too late to try and stop one group of moronic fools from acting inappropriately. You're a fool, veterandoggy. Even if something 'cannot be stopped' as you claim, only an idiot would stand by and let it happen without a whimper in protest given that they are already focusing on what may come in the future.
did you even read what you quoted??? im sure you must have missed where i said "reduce the numbers going"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)